Explain inflation to me

eggsarascal

1 hour ago, Retired Climber said:

Do you think house prices will be eroded by inflation? 

No, for the reasons I listed above. 🙄

Primarily the huge disparity between supply and demand with demand significantly outweighing supply. 

What will be eroded is the value of my mortgage. The higher the inflation the lower the purchasing power of our currency meaning that my £200,000 mortgage is worth less and less making it easier to pay off. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

No, for the reasons I listed above. 🙄

Primarily the huge disparity between supply and demand with demand significantly outweighing supply. 

What will be eroded is the value of my mortgage. The higher the inflation the lower the purchasing power of our currency meaning that my £200,000 mortgage is worth less and less making it easier to pay off. 

You do realise it's ok to admit you quoted the wrong person, or misunderstood a point don't you? I agree with what you are saying, it just makes no sense as you quoted my question to Dan in your original response in a way that looks like you are answering the question. 

Anyway, I'm glad we got that sorted. 😁

3 minutes ago, Retired Climber said:

You do realise it's ok to admit you quoted the wrong person, or misunderstood a point don't you? I agree with what you are saying, it just makes no sense as you quoted my question to Dan in your original response in a way that looks like you are answering the question. 

Anyway, I'm glad we got that sorted. 😁

Hmm, looking back over the comments and unfortunately you are correct. 🤣 

I got it wrong and apologise. :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Hmm, looking back over the comments and unfortunately you are correct. 🤣 

I got it wrong and apologise. :) 

No worries. I thought you had either got the wrong end of the stick or you were being an argumentative b'stard. I favoured the latter, but accept the former. 🙂

• Like 2

APPLE.NEWS

It is the first time there has been a 50 base per cent rise since 1995, 27 years ago, as the Bank looks to...

Whatever way you look at it millions of us are now gonna get hit harder as a result of the increases we are seeing. Not those at the top or bottom but primarily the grafters in the middle. Can’t see the banks or mortgage lenders complaining too much or indeed the government. Now quarterly reviews of the energy price cap 💰💰💰to keep the big providers coffers topped up. Payback time for the past two years insanity amongst other things 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

It is the first time there has been a 50 base per cent rise since 1995, 27 years ago, as the Bank looks to...

Whatever way you look at it millions of us are now gonna get hit harder as a result of the increases we are seeing. Not those at the top or bottom but primarily the grafters in the middle. Can’t see the banks or mortgage lenders complaining too much or indeed the government. Payback time for the past two years insanity amongst other things 🤷‍♂️

Who'd have thought paying people to sit on their arse for two years, bounce back loan scandals and 30B spent on a ridiculous app would have consequences? Unfortunately it wont just be the people who where full on-board with with the Covid nonsense that will bear the brunt of this. 

• Like 7