Do Not send your lads out Monday and Tuesday.

Gardenscape

1 hour ago, JLA1990 said:

Not to mention the cultural appropriation - wearing sombrero’s truly disgraceful        

My cousin used to drive transfer minibuses in the Alps for a company called Skiidy Gonzales - a brilliant setup, very professionally run.

Their USP was that the drivers wore sombreros in Geneva airport to make it easy for newly-arrived travellers to identify their lifts - this MO worked perfectly for years until a disgruntled woke yank took umbrance and pulled the racist card!!!

I’m not sure that any Mexicans were harmed or offended at any point during the previous decades, but the hats are now ancient history sadly…

Back on topic - my lads and I have all worked today. It was hot. We drank plenty. Nobody died. Who’d have thought?!!!!

• Like 6

This ould done 63 year old, wot sat behind a desk his working life, was up at 05:00, spent all day loading and levelling and raking topsoil, then a spot of picture hanging for the daughter, then fighting with bamboo and shovelling stones, then went for a cycle at 20:00 after a bamboo bonfire back at base. 

Worked in shorts and a teeshirt with a baseball hat failing to protect my neck in 30 deg heat and strong Sun with zero suncreen.

And never felt fitter, though I did gargle plenty of fluids, incl a couple of beer.

Zero sunburn or heatstroke either.

P.S.

It is to be 16 deg tomorrow and pissing with rain!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, difflock said:

This ould done 63 year old, wot sat behind a desk his working life, was up at 05:00, spent all day loading and levelling and raking topsoil, then a spot of picture hanging for the daughter, then fighting with bamboo and shovelling stones, then went for a cycle at 20:00 after a bamboo bonfire back at base. 

Worked in shorts and a teeshirt with a baseball hat failing to protect my neck in 30 deg heat and strong Sun with zero suncreen.

And never felt fitter, though I did gargle plenty of fluids, incl a couple of beer.

P.S.

Hells teeth!

Not sure I’d do that much in a week let alone a day....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, difflock said:

P.S.

Double hard.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Hells teeth!

Not sure I’d do that much in a week let alone a day....

Sall right, whilst my written statement was actually factually honest, honest  Guv,

mostly it boiled down to simply being outside all day yesterday on my feet and active in the heat.

I did break sweat when burning the bamboo and sparks and big smuts drifted over onto my massive and bone dry firewood stockpile, in the wind that wasnt.

But the petrol pressure washer with the orbital nozzle makes the perfect misting/rainmaking device, to drift in the same non existant wind. Phew. Senior Management was most disapproving. Especially when I then told her I was going out on the bicycle.

Edited by difflock
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mesterh said:

images.jpeg.jpg.30f7e720dfdf41d0a2c57642318c10dd.jpg

Well I admit the beer I drank wernt a real mans beer, being Peroni(which I blame on the daughters choice of fridged stocks)

Mind you I got a heavy walled glass in the freezer drawer for another bottle of Peroni later today.