Flask Hygiene

Doug Tait

I use a sterlilizer called Milton, designed for cleaning baby bottles! It removes stains and smells a treat.

failing that weak bleach, as long as you rinse it well afterwards.

If you are obsessive about tea like me, you can even soak and rinse it out with tea (using a second hand tea bag) to restore the tea flavour.

and stanley flasks are the best!

• Like 5

@Luckyeleven ruined a perfectly good vintage flask by rinsing it out using lemon floor cleaner.

At first I just thought it was the own brand coffee but as the after taste lingered, it gave my mouth a new look by removing stubborn stains, giving a fresh clean shine and zero bacteria for 48 hours.

Stuart

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I don't think I could be doing with separate coffee, milk powder etc as not always in my own truck.

I usually make the coffee into the flask, there is a brown layer inside it to be fair but I reckon that just adds to the flavour. Once in a blue moon it gets a dose of Miltons, no aftertaste with that.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

A teabag left in a flask all day is disgusting!

Naa, stronger the better!!! Yorkshire tea for me always. Stand a spoon up in it 🤪 just bleach it once a month or so once ya start get floaty bits in it, and rinse thoroughly with boiling water afterwards 👌 bit of build up adds to the taste! 

• Like 2