Flask Hygiene

Doug Tait

3 minutes ago, woody paul said:

I am with Steve on this, and you can have what ever you have in truck tea, coffee or even hot choc. Only last week customer said do you want tea then she realized she had no whole milk only soya, my reply was I will have it black and put my milk in. 

Exactly. Skies the limits, hot chocolate, cup’a’soup, cappuccino, lemsip, you name it 

We've deffo had flask threads before on arbtalk, and I'm sure cleaning flasks has been mentioned within!

I'm lazy, normally I either make a pot of tea, then pour it in the the flask with milk, or really lazy is teabag, splash of milk, then boiling water, so the teabag is in there all day.

It gets washed every night, with a brush inside.

Every few months or whatever it gets a deep clean with soda crystals, left to soak in it over a weekend with hot water.

https://www.google.com/search?q=soda+crystals&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB917GB917&oq=soda+cy&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i10i433j0i10i512j0i512j0i10i131i433j0i10l2j0i10i433j0i10l2.2183j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

You can use persil/etc instead, but it takes a few washes afterwards to get the laundry powder smell out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scbk said:

We've deffo had flask threads before on arbtalk, and I'm sure cleaning flasks has been mentioned within!

I'm lazy, normally I either make a pot of tea, then pour it in the the flask with milk, or really lazy is teabag, splash of milk, then boiling water, so the teabag is in there all day.

It gets washed every night, with a brush inside.

Every few months or whatever it gets a deep clean with soda crystals, left to soak in it over a weekend with hot water.

https://www.google.com/search?q=soda+crystals&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB917GB917&oq=soda+cy&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i10i433j0i10i512j0i512j0i10i131i433j0i10l2j0i10i433j0i10l2.2183j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

You can use persil/etc instead, but it takes a few washes afterwards to get the laundry powder smell out.

A teabag left in a flask all day is disgusting!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Bullman said:

Like a powdered milk/cream. Tastes more like adding cream to coffee. I prefer it on my coffee even at home. Tesco do a knock off version

A customer made us coffee the other week, an older "cat lady" type, the kind of place your thinking this won't be good. She said she only had powdered milk but it was lovely, wonder if it's the same stuff...

Will try that thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doug Tait said:

A customer made us coffee the other week, an older "cat lady" type, the kind of place your thinking this won't be good. She said she only had powdered milk but it was lovely, wonder if it's the same stuff...

Will try that thanks.

This is the stuff 

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/258120071

added bonus, your coffee will be hotter for not adding milk to your flask 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

A teabag left in a flask all day is disgusting!

There's a workshop where I keep an old electric kettle, jar of coffee, few teabags, powdered milk, to make the odd brew. Fill the kettle up from the standpipe outside. Never bothered taking the lid off, just fill it through the spout.

In winter the standpipe was frozen, so was going to fill the kettle from a bottle I had, and use some of the water to unfreeze the tap.

Took the main lid off the kettle..................... and found a cooked slug inside :dong:

God knows how many months that had been in there :afraid:

Now I always take the lid off the kettle.

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1