CMC (S22HD) or CTE TRACCESS 230 or Teupen Leo 21GT

Clutchy

Any one have an up to date experience with these models? 2021 or newer 

About to place an order for a tracked MEWP, needs to be 11.5m outreach min and circa 20m up and must weigh a max of 3.5t with skeleton trailer. 

So far looking likely to be CTE 230 as have used it a few times and is decent with variable jacking. 

All seem to be around 90k 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, doobin said:

Jesus that’s some coin.  I was contemplating a secondhand one for 30k but reckon it would take too much to keep it going. 

In fairness, 1 has lowered theirs into the late £70's + VAT with trailer, guessing orders are low at the moment given the drop in work. 

I've thought about 2nd hand and doesn't seem worth the hassle. This MEWP is likely to depreciate to around 55k in 5 years from new so only works out as a loss of £500ish a month. Plus you get warranty and less down time (In theory).  

That's less than 1 job so I'm just biting the bullet. Don't wanna risk my life on something like this 2nd hand :( 

Edited by Clutchy
  • Like 3

I bought a couple of second hand Teupens a few years ago - incredible machines but an absolute nightmare to work on. You are essentially beholden to the UK service agent, who were the worst people I’ve ever had the misfortune of dealing with in my life.

I’d never ever put my money into any Teupen machine again, and would think very very carefully about any large second-hand MEWP that is dependant on circuit boards to operate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, monkeybusiness said:

I bought a couple of second hand Teupens a few years ago - incredible machines but an absolute nightmare to work on. You are essentially beholden to the UK service agent, who were the worst people I’ve ever had the misfortune of dealing with in my life.

I’d never ever put my money into any Teupen machine again, and would think very very carefully about any large second-hand MEWP that is dependant on circuit boards to operate. 

Thank you, exactly what I wanted to hear. 

They're off the list now haha! 

51 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

That CTE230 looks like brilliant tool.

They really are, but currently coming in at 11k more than the CMC S22HD. Both have the same specs, not sure what the difference is for. Happy to pay the larger amount, IF I know why 

Used one before (see pic) and they are just as wobbly as any other MEWP at full reach haha but yes very good kit. Narrows to 0.8m too 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

That’s the problem with all new machines now - circuit boards, electronics, sensor’s, etc,. Once hired in a Teupen which triggered a sensor on one of the legs and couldn’t be collapsed due to the fact I was above a branch! Ended up roping from basket and waiting 3 hours for engineer/ rocket scientist🤔. The only platform without electronics now is a tower scaffold🙄