• Never
    • July 2022
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December 2022
    • Sometime in 2023

I think it will still creep up from now but they will hold back on it till christmas is out the way, Things are changing now with the way people use there cars, lad near me said when he went to work on sunday morn 7,30am  he said 9 mile on the A6 to Lancaster and only so 2 other cars,

If it does get to £2.50 a litre, you will have effectively bankrupted the haulage and agricultural industry.

There are limits to what people can pay without a major shift upwards in pay and the cost of goods. Your not gaining anything tho.

Didn't fuel jump up from 0.65 > £1 around 2008 and never come back down, I'm sure I remember petrol stations scrabbling to upgrade signage because of the additional digit ?

Edited by GarethM

“Never” is meaningless with inflation at some point in future it will be £2.50. The cost of fuel at the moment just doesn’t need to be any higher, it is a government decision as the government has full control over the price with fuel duty 29% of cost and vat 17% of cost, which combined is more than cost of petrol to supplier, the retailer only gets 2%. The cost of the biofuel element is 7%. So  each time a hike in the cost of fuel the government makes more money out of it from vat, they need to cut the price of vat on fuel and cut duty. 

• Like 2

Whilst the government does control the taxation element, which is the same the world over.

Using the USA as an example, it's lack of spare and new refining capacity within each country, the USA were operating at 94%, which is actually dangerously high. One breakdown and the system collapses.

It's a short sighted developed world idea to ship refining abroad so it doesn't appear as your co2 emissions.

Like most essential items, fuel, toilet roll etc. Whilst the raw materials can come from anywhere it's easier and cheaper to produce the finished good here.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 5

Here in Sweden it got up to about £2.30 a liter, since about a month back it now seems to have settled at around £2.08, still twice what it was 6 years ago when I started paying attention! 

no one seems to be making a fuss though?! Just accepting it 🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, josharb87 said:

Here in Sweden it got up to about £2.30 a liter, since about a month back it now seems to have settled at around £2.08, still twice what it was 6 years ago when I started paying attention! 

no one seems to be making a fuss though?! Just accepting it 🤷‍♂️

Sweden and the UK are very different countrys, the population, industry and agriculture are way apart. The question is who takes the hit, if you were a delivery driver earnng £8/hour and suddenly hit with paying double on your fuel who will pay for this and take the burden. Have you ever heard of food banks in Sweden? We have loads of them in the UK and they are getting busier, your a very lucky country? So we will not be accepting it by a long shot, but then does Sweden really care about any other country?

• Haha 1