Jump to content

Stump grinder on small digger


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, benedmonds said:

Does anyone in the east midlands have a digger mounted grinder. 

I have a few stumps on an historic wall that needs to be repaired.

image.thumb.jpeg.48ca99bdeb4ca37a63b84d42d52a5914.jpeg

Grinding wheels and stone don’t really go together, you’ll ruin the teeth, the stone or both🤔. Surely your better off removing the bulk of the tree with a saw and exposing the stonework, remove the stonework( if it’s being repaired anyway)to expose the stump/ roots and remove that with an  old axe or adge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, benedmonds said:

Does anyone in the east midlands have a digger mounted grinder. 

I have a few stumps on an historic wall that needs to be repaired.

image.thumb.jpeg.48ca99bdeb4ca37a63b84d42d52a5914.jpeg

Like ****************...... Come on!

 

Thats clearly a cut to stump job and poison and walk away.... let the builders sort the stump and roots as they dismantle sections of the wall and repair. You or someone will make a right pigs ear of that if you grind! (claw away with a digger if you have to gently but no no to a stump grinder)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, swinny said:

Like ****************...... Come on!

 

Thats clearly a cut to stump job and poison and walk away.... let the builders sort the stump and roots as they dismantle sections of the wall and repair. You or someone will make a right pigs ear of that if you grind! (claw away with a digger if you have to gently but no no to a stump grinder)

You might not be able to see from the photos but the stump has grown over the stones. It's basically an old coppice about 2ft across.  The stone mason wanted it ground out. I am looking for a solution.

We don't know what they will find when they pull off the stones. Hopefully it will dig out but if there is a big old stump behind the wall it may make sense to grind it back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, benedmonds said:

You might not be able to see from the photos but the stump has grown over the stones. It's basically an old coppice about 2ft across.  The stone mason wanted it ground out. I am looking for a solution.

We don't know what they will find when they pull off the stones. Hopefully it will dig out but if there is a big old stump behind the wall it may make sense to grind it back.

Sounds awful, but dumpers suggestion sounds good then.... scaffold and small grinder. And most of all......

 

Charge plenty for an inconvenience pain in the arse job 😀 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  •  

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.