Quotes

Excels1or

Just now, Mick Dempsey said:

He’s dead Stubs, no happy ending.

An ignominious end to a life that started so well but a series of poor choices (he bought a Forst) led to a sordid death in a shabby hostel.

Happily the wife is a bit of a sort and found love with a Warrington bus driver.

Life finds a way.

There is a series in the making there . The Warrington bus driver is an asset/hit man for the CIA and has to combine life as a bus driver with black opps and that ...🙂

4 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Could be right.

We will see I guess.

I was here in France for the financial crisis of 2008/9.

It was no picnic.

I don’t see many firms going bankrupt, most just sell off their equipment, pay off their loans, get a job in the pub to tide them over, get caught spit roasting the pub landlady with a mate in the car park on a cocaine bender, divorce the wife who turns the kids against him, then dies choking on his own vomit in a single mens refuge.

A tale as old as time. 

We've all been there 😬🙏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Works been slow now since May with very few calls. 

Have one more weeks worth of work and then off on holiday and will worry what to do when I get back. 

One positive thing is the very few jobs I do quote I seem to get 80% which is a big increase from 54% at the start of the year and 27% due the mad covid rush. 

So least time wasted 👍

• Like 1

I am still in the lucky position of being able to decline to quote for jobs that I don't want to look at. I guess this is partly because we have a large list of regular tall (ish) hedge customers for the Autum/Winter (tall hedges not tall customers), which is a pain when we are over busy, but a bonus when things go quiet.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, maybelateron said:

I am still in the lucky position of being able to decline to quote for jobs that I don't want to look at. I guess this is partly because we have a large list of regular tall (ish) hedge customers for the Autum/Winter (tall hedges not tall customers), which is a pain when we are over busy, but a bonus when things go quiet.

I know it's a different trade but there seems to be plenty of work around here, the fella who runs Dyno around Staffordshire is offering £35-38k to lads on the books with a company van, he can't find lads, which isn't a bad thing for me.

13 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Different sector though Eggs.

People can’t choose whether they want Dyno in or not that year can they?

Admittedly emergency work can't be put off by the customer, PPM could be but there doesn't seem to be a lull in it, yet.

Dyno are subbing me in to do their maintenance work.

It's money for old rope to be fair.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2022 at 21:02, treevolution said:

Works been slow now since May with very few calls. 

Have one more weeks worth of work and then off on holiday and will worry what to do when I get back. 

One positive thing is the very few jobs I do quote I seem to get 80% which is a big increase from 54% at the start of the year and 27% due the mad covid rush. 

So least time wasted 👍

Sad times mate, we're over Glasgow way, I know you're in Edinburgh, great reputation. Hopefully things pickup soon