Arbtalk app working ? Jul22

Mike F

noticed the main forum website had some maintenance the other day.

since then the Arbtalk app on my phone has stopped working.....anyone else got the same issue ?

cheers

MikeF

Edited by Mike F
  • Like 1

Just now, AJStrees said:

Thats a shame. I thought the app was more useful than the computer. Will it ever come back? Does it need a financial incentive to get it back up and running?

Just now, AJStrees said:

Thats a shame. I thought the app was more useful than the computer. Will it ever come back? Does it need a financial incentive to get it back up and running?

Not sure how it can be more useful, it totally blocks a lot of the forum features!

tapatalk(the app the forum was using) definitely won’t be back. It’s too unstable and I’ve been wanting rid for a long time. There is a native app that might be available, but I haven’t tried it yet 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Not sure how it can be more useful, it totally blocks a lot of the forum features!

tapatalk(the app the forum was using) definitely won’t be back. It’s too unstable and I’ve been wanting rid for a long time. There is a native app that might be available, but I haven’t tried it yet 

It's very handy for posting things, photos, etc... all on a phone rather than a computer, its much easier when you are out and about on a phone. I would say apps are the way to go. I would say if the app could work it would be a fantastic resource and potentially it could expand the arbtalk numbers. I wouldn't mind even paying a small sum every once in a while, I mean arbtalk info is worth it's weight in gold. What if members could pay like a £1 every once in a while to arbtalk and get extra benefits. For example, if you want to keep massive numbers of photos or videos on googlephotos, you pay like £1.50 a month or something to hold 100gb of photos. 

I would certainly be more than happy to pay a small fee every once in a while to help with the app. 

• Like 1

Just now, AJStrees said:

It's very handy for posting things, photos, etc... all on a phone rather than a computer, its much easier when you are out and about on a phone. I would say apps are the way to go. I would say if the app could work it would be a fantastic resource and potentially it could expand the arbtalk numbers. I wouldn't mind even paying a small sum every once in a while, I mean arbtalk info is worth it's weight in gold. What if members could pay like a £1 every once in a while to arbtalk and get extra benefits. For example, if you want to keep massive numbers of photos or videos on googlephotos, you pay like £1.50 a month or something to hold 100gb of photos. 

I would certainly be more than happy to pay a small fee every once in a while to help with the app. 

It would take a whole lot of £1’s to cover an app unfortunately.

I really don’t see how the app makes it any easier to post photos. All I have to do is click on the add image button and it opens up my phone gallery 

2532F074-69DA-4271-938E-30720DB02124.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I see what you mean. Doing it through the browser on your portable communications device rather than through the app. Will take a bit getting used to it. Thanks Mr. Bullman. BTW. The site improvements look rather hip. A nice change. Thank you for all you do for ArbTalk. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I used the app for years, then started getting problems a couple of years back when I got a new phone. Started using the mobile site instead. It's far better than the app was, but that's my opinion. I have to say the new update is great 

• Like 2