Steve Wright in the afternoon.

Mick Dempsey

4 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

there is no CD information displayed on the screen unless there is a disc inserted).

Well the radio would just have to have a guess at what CD you wanted then , unless you inserted one ! 🙂

8 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

The truck's radio has both FM and DAB but there's no text displayed with DAB.

Unless I'm using it wrong. I did take me about three months to find the CD player (the slot is near invisible and there is no CD information displayed on the screen unless there is a disc inserted).

My new truck has so many warning bleeps and stuff, I find myself getting out and it starts going on cos I didn’t put it in park or have the key in my pocket or the door isn’t shut or something and I end up shouting at it ‘what do you want this time?’

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

My new truck has so many warning bleeps and stuff, I find myself getting out and it starts going on cos I didn’t put it in park or have the key in my pocket or the door isn’t shut or something and I end up shouting at it ‘what do you want this time?’

I don't get quite so much of that as I prefer ( and went ) for a manual box but yes the the 360 degree  cameras and reversing bleeps piss me off . I could get nearer in my old truck with just mirrors . 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Reversing cameras are the dogs danglies though.

Yes , I like the one that just focuses on the tow ball , but the bleeps make out I am nearer than I really am . I think I can turn them off if I bother to look .

Edited by Stubby

Im 58 now and dont listen to pop music now much these days as its all crap. Being in Scotland I tend to listen to Radio Shortbread a lot (Scotland!). I listen to a lot of Classic FM when on the move and at night I like to listen to the football. Theres a good programme on afternoons now and sometimes evening with Grant Stott. Its called Vinyl Collection and a lot of it is 12 inch singles from the 80's. Excellent music from a very knowledgeable bloke who doesnt prattle on a bit either. Catch up with it on BBC Sounds. Well worth a listen.

• Like 2

Guest Gimlet
15 minutes ago, Will C said:

Will be a shame to see him go, prob replaced with a idiot. Bring back mark n lard I say!

Epic! Funniest radio show ever - "the biggest show!". I bought a DAB radio just so I could listen to that at work. Barking mad. Moostn't Grrumble!!