Steve Wright in the afternoon.

Mick Dempsey

4 hours ago, Gimlet said:

She has one very annoying habit of rarely introducing a song or telling you what she's just played.

I'm with you on that. It was also a Steve Wright trait that always bugged me. That and talking or even worse singing all over the end of records. I won't miss him. But we'll probably get some self-absorbed monotonic Mills/Moyles clone in his place and Radio 2 will be officially a no-go area from the start of Jeremy Whine right through to just after Zoe Ball in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

It isn't written on the screen in my truck, which is the only place I listen to the radio. 

If you have a DAB radio it feeds across the screen in text format .  Obviously you don't . 

Guest Gimlet
1 hour ago, daltontrees said:

I'm with you on that. It was also a Steve Wright trait that always bugged me. That and talking or even worse singing all over the end of records. I won't miss him. But we'll probably get some self-absorbed monotonic Mills/Moyles clone in his place and Radio 2 will be officially a no-go area from the start of Jeremy Whine right through to just after Zoe Ball in the morning.

Yes, Wright was a bit guilty of that too and I didn't share his musical tastes, but no contest between him and the Whine. Cannot bear him or his show. I can only assume Whine didn't read the memo about it being a comedy show where real life Mr Angrys are invited to ring in and rant about unimportant topics. If Louis Thoreaux presented it wold be hilarious. 

Guest Gimlet
Just now, Stubby said:

If you have a DAB radio it feeds across the screen in text format .  Obviously you don't . 

The truck's radio has both FM and DAB but there's no text displayed with DAB.

Unless I'm using it wrong. I did take me about three months to find the CD player (the slot is near invisible and there is no CD information displayed on the screen unless there is a disc inserted).

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I have dab in my truck, and unless I have the radio icon pressed on the screen, instead of maps, it doesnt tell me. I listen to local radio anyway. Moved when Wogan left

• Like 1

Guest Gimlet
2 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Agreed. Ever since he said on his "factoids" that wet sand was lighter than dry sand. 

Surely wet sand is the same weight as dry sand. It's the water that weighs extra. Silly man, he is.

2 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

The truck's radio has both FM and DAB but there's no text displayed with DAB.

Unless I'm using it wrong. I did take me about three months to find the CD player (the slot is near invisible and there is no CD information displayed on the screen unless there is a disc inserted).

You do have a screen then ?  I think you have to go into the menu and select/ activate " text "