Steve Wright in the afternoon.

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Sad to hear this.

I’ve listened to him since the eighties, I think he’s going to be a big loss. He manages to accompany you for a few hours every day without pissing you off, unlike Zoe Ball who is gushy, false and annoying.

Sara Cox is good no doubt, but Scott Mills is borin’ as you like (no g)

End of an era. 

I was about to post and say RIP to Steve Wright, I often listened to his show. It must've been a sudden death as he was on the radio just recently. Maybe a heart attack or a car crash?

Then I googled it, and it's turns out he's not dead.

:vollkommenauf:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am sad to hear he is going but relieved that he is not being replaced by that ryan thing with the bleached teeth ..I suspected it would be a woman or  some one gay though !!!  doesn't really matter if they are ethnic on the radio I suppose !!!!😂   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I’ve listened to him since the eighties, I think he’s going to be a big loss

Yes same here Mick , DLT on breakfast show ,Simon Bates our tune , Gary Davis , then Steve Wright, then Bruno brooks for the drive home or some nights it was Jannice long who came on at 7pm, this would be circa about 83/84 ish, 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Him and the people around him for years are pure easy listening radio, very rarely risten to Radio2 these days mind.

To be honest Janey Lee Grace has always annoyed me, I think she’s a bit of a twat….
Love Steve though, and there has never been (and never will be) any better radio feature than ‘Ask Elvis’. FACT!!! 

• Like 3