Looking for a Hakki Pilke Eagle

maz

As per title, if anyone has one they would consider parting with, hard to find on the market these days. Only Davies has any in stock but prefer the second hand market if possible. Was going to try the rocking saw bench on its own but the Eagle would be even better if it comes with the splitter. 

Cheers all

What about the electric tillting Circular Saw LCS500 Log Warrior £575 on fleabay.

Saves running a tractor, adding operating hours and diesel at 2000rpm, I never liked the eagle when I had one.

I even wince watching people run a 4l tractor splitting logs, even on tick over it's around 8l an hour.

Revs had to be just right to get a decent cut and the cone splitter filled me with utter dread and nightmares.

And no real safety stop, think the early ones came with a pull string to bodge onto the PTO lever.

Edited by GarethM

50 minutes ago, GarethM said:

What about the electric tillting Circular Saw LCS500 Log Warrior £575 on fleabay.

Saves running a tractor, adding operating hours and diesel at 2000rpm, I never liked the eagle when I had one.

I even wince watching people run a 4l tractor splitting logs, even on tick over it's around 8l an hour.

Revs had to be just right to get a decent cut and the cone splitter filled me with utter dread and nightmares.

And no real safety stop, think the early ones came with a pull string to bodge onto the PTO lever.

The latest Eagle is a very good bit of kit. A foot pedal that disconnects the belt drive. The TCT blade cuts like a dream. For smaller stuff an electric saw is ok ish but it’s just no good in the large diameter stuff- that which you’d want to split also. The saw guarding in particular is excellent. 

Running on my 26hp Kubota it averages 3.5 litres per hour, being fed hard and also running the hydraulic splitter. It’s a really easy bolt-on sale to a lot of my customers. 

Edited by doobin
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Adrian Hatton said:

Cheers Adrian, I saw that one, they are definitely looking for top dollar, considering its condition...also asking for 400+vat delivery. I just missed one on ebay in much better nick for 1250+vat which is what I was hoping to find...Davies want 2350 +vat for new.

I might just put the money into a Balfor 750mm bench saw and pair it up with a splitter if I can't find a good condition Eagle.