Tree Climbers Better Look for another Job!

Billhook

To be fair thats my problem too much time in woods and not in gardens, i forget about the clean up.
Not often i do garden jobs, infact tend to avoid them like plague

To be fair u wouldnae be long getting the tree on the deck, but aye depending how far gone could be debris every where

Just the money and man power involved for a single tree like that.
I would love to know how it does stack up against 2 men & cherry picker, even if it took them all day compared to 1hr could still be more profit in the job unless machine got a load of other jobs lined up
If you have a constant supply of trees to remove that are roadside or behind buildings mechanical tree removal is so much faster and makes so much less mess its not even a debate I've spent several years working in the USA and the volumes of work and size of roads cannot be compared to the UK its a pointless comparison u can set a crane up in a residential street and still have room for cars to pass if needed allot of the time
  • Like 3

Aye but at the start was he not driving there 1st thing in morning with lights on?

Cause he said it took him 45 mins or something.

Just that type of set up u would need to have all ur jobs lined up 1 after the other to keep the machine chapping on, would take a bit of work finding enough work for it.

Althou i could see roadside ADB being ideal for that and 360's/rubber ducks with shears on.

Is there any H&S or RA issues with chain shot using grapple saws? Do the saws/chains travel the same speed as harvester saws?

I just know with harvesters they don't like u anywhere near 

I was absolutely blown away the first time I worked with @Gray gitand his Merlo. It was a roadside, multi stemmed sycamore, and it was a lump and a half. Would've taken a good team of 3 men, maybe 2 days if things went swimmingly?

Using the Merlo and the Westtech head, there was just the main stem left to knock over by 12pm, and thats after we started at 9am due to road closure stipulations! Plus the only sweat we broke was from the excessive heat, not from grafting. Absolutely sensational, and as has been mentioned, for compromised Ash in urban areas, it's in a league of its own entirely.

• Like 8