Tree Climbers Better Look for another Job!

Billhook

I strongly suspect that Mr Rounds has built this up over a number of years.

I think he sold August Hunicke his old crane, which probably paid for the down payment on some new stuff.

We all know how it works.

He uses the crane for construction as well according to his shirt, so not just tree work.

• Like 1

There are quite a few of these working in the UK and I personally know a couple of people who do very well with them. A lot is down to contract size and specs, for example if you are doing a large number of roadside ash tree, then this would be perfect 

• Like 2

Guest Gimlet

You'd definitely need a lot of trees in one location, or at least within a close area. You could quickly lose your profits in transportation costs moving that lot of kit around. 

Definately some impressive kit.

It does fairly take up the room thou, they have fairly utilised that street and be a bit of tidying up after but nothing a rake and blower won't sort

But that tree could u not just about straight fell each leg, 1 or 2 might need a rope or even a tirfor on them and still use the avant and big chipper?? or straight fell most and a cherry picker for the worst leaners if unsafe to climb

I doubt it would be that much slower still easy on ur men but saving the big expense of the 360.

Be intresting to know how much it cost to take that tree down, esp being 1 isolated tree ( different if doing rows of them)

Wot is the score in the UK with thse grapples saws and chain shot?

In forestry u'd never get the Rams WRITTEN UP THAT U COULD HAVE WORKERS SO CLOSE in case a chain snaps

• Like 1

It does fairly take up the room thou, they have fairly utilised that street and be a bit of tidying up after but nothing a rake and blower won't sort

But that tree could u not just about straight fell each leg, 1 or 2 might need a rope or even a tirfor on them and still use the avant and big chipper?? or straight fell most and a cherry picker for the worst leaners if unsafe to climb
I doubt it would be that much slower still easy on ur men but saving the big expense of the 360.
Be intresting to know how much it cost to take that tree down, esp being 1 isolated tree ( different if doing rows of them)

In forestry u'd never get the Rams WRITTEN UP THAT U COULD HAVE WORKERS SO CLOSE in case a chain snaps
To many on here thinking they no better than other people if you honestly think felling a dead ash tree in a urban environment wear everything has to be cleaned up is quicker than using a merlo u obviously spend to much time In the woods !
  • Like 2

I guess for most of us the biggest expenses on most jobs are man hours then machinery. With that set up it is the other way round. However in the UK big machines like that can only do less than 50% of the work. Still plenty of scope for tranny and chipper teams.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bigtreedon said:
25 minutes ago, drinksloe said:

Read more  

To many on here thinking they no better than other people if you honestly think felling a dead ash tree in a urban environment wear everything has to be cleaned up is quicker than using a merlo u obviously spend to much time In the woods !

To be fair thats my problem too much time in woods and not in gardens, i forget about the clean up.

Not often i do garden jobs, infact tend to avoid them like plague

To be fair u wouldnae be long getting the tree on the deck, but aye depending how far gone could be debris every where

Just the money and man power involved for a single tree like that.

I would love to know how it does stack up against 2 men & cherry picker, even if it took them all day compared to 1hr could still be more profit in the job unless machine got a load of other jobs lined up