Opinions on 4x4 tippers??

Treepigmatt

If you are getting a pick-up Tipper I would say go for the Toyota Hilux for a Ford Ranger 3.2.. 
IMHO I would steer clear of the smaller engined Pick-Ups like the 1.9 Izusu and Mitsubishi or the Nissan 2.3. As I don't see the smaller engined vehicles lasting the course over the years you might want to run them. My 2.5 Izusu had to be off loaded after 3x years...

40 minutes ago, Jamie Jones said:

If you are getting a pick-up Tipper I would say go for the Toyota Hilux for a Ford Ranger 3.2.. 
IMHO I would steer clear of the smaller engined Pick-Ups like the 1.9 Izusu and Mitsubishi or the Nissan 2.3. As I don't see the smaller engined vehicles lasting the course over the years you might want to run them. My 2.5 Izusu had to be off loaded after 3x years...

I was very happy to find my 11 plate Ranger, which is a Mazda underneath. 50k on the clock. Last of the proper Rangers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, doobin said:

I was very happy to find my 11 plate Ranger, which is a Mazda underneath. 50k on the clock. Last of the proper Rangers. 

Ha ha! I had one of those, good wagons no doubt.

My new Ranger is 213hp, 10 speed auto, goes like stink and pulls a trailer and 2 tonne plus machine easy.

Keep your old Mazda 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Ha ha! I had one of those, good wagons no doubt.

My new Ranger is 213hp, 10 speed auto, goes like stink and pulls a trailer and 2 tonne plus machine easy.

Keep your old Mazda 

Mine was a fraction of the cost, doesn’t have any ad blue/dpf problems, no rusty chassis…🤣

I’ve chipped it to around 170hp and fitted airbags. Tows my 2t machines very well and happy enough with the 2.7t on also. 

horses for courses, I’d rather brand new machinery than trucks. 

As well as two of the Rangers I also run an LDV 🤷‍♂️😂

Edited by doobin
  • Like 2

Mine was a fraction of the cost, doesn’t have any ad blue/dpf problems, no rusty chassis…🤣

I’ve chipped it to around 170hp and fitted airbags. Tows my 2t machines very well and happy enough with the 2.7t on also. 

horses for courses, I’d rather brand new machinery than trucks. 

As well as two of the Rangers I also run an LDV 🤷‍♂️[emoji23]
and at least in my 2022 wildtrak Someone bigger than napoleon can fit in it those horrid old rangers were micro machines [emoji6]