Opinions on 4x4 tippers??

Treepigmatt

6 minutes ago, lux said:

You don’t need 4x4 in that photo emoji23.png

You bloody well do! Look how much lower the shed is. That bank is steep 😉

To prove it to you- I almost had to call for a tow after tipping off 🤦‍♂️The mud tyres went on shortly afterwards.

Also- it’s not just about 4wd when choosing a pick-up based tipper.  It’s often as much about getting into tight spaces. The LDV would just about fit down the track to tip that muck (but would get stuck and graze trees on the way down). The iveco no chance. 

Edited by doobin

You bloody well do! Look how much lower the shed is. That bank is steep [emoji6]

To prove it to you- I almost had to call for a tow after tipping off 🤦‍♂️The mud tyres went on shortly afterwards.

Also- it’s not just about 4wd when choosing a pick-up based tipper.  It’s often as much about getting into tight spaces. The LDV would just about fit down the track to tip that muck (but would get stuck and graze trees on the way down). The iveco no chance. 

Got a bite there [emoji6].
Got that winch on the digger yet

2 hours ago, dumper said:

So what is it’s legal carry capacity with two men and a tank of fuel?

I'd say about a ton, same as any 3.5t tipper. 1850kg empty as a pickup, 3050 max. Fuel 50kg, men 150kg (I don't employ fat pricks)

The alloy body can't be that heavy, maybe 150kg more than standard tub. So possibly legally around 800/900kg payload. That's all you get with most modern Transits!

It's a really useful sized vehicle, and tows well too.

• Like 2

hilux 4x4 ,best thing i have bought carrys a decent mount (1.3t)  which is way more than a transit(legally) and it goes everywhere ,not as much room obviously so depends what you do and where you tip etc but i highy recommend.also it tows 3.5 which is great