Opinions on 4x4 tippers??

Treepigmatt

Depends what your doing I regularly use one where what and why you want one payload not great but 4wd useful if your on sites where surfaces are loose or need to get sensible distance from hard roads etc 

most are comfortable and have AC etc down fall I feel most about the one I use is the kit lockers are significantly smaller than on our 3.5 ton vehicles ! 

Having had County Transits and Iveco 3500kg trucks, I would say that off road, they aren't up to much and on road is a serious compromise too! The likes of Ranger, Defender, Hilux etc might be okay as asingle cab as long as you understand that they don't carry much and crewcabs are seriously compromised as a load carrier!

• Like 1

I recently went from a single cab transit tipper to a hilux tipper. The work we do changed to more estate based work where we need to be off road. Yes I miss the capacity and bed size of the transit, mostly for fencing. Has made the vehicle much more useful having a 4x4 with a winch. I only really work as a team of 2-3 and we generally have two trucks on site most days anyway so can fill both trucks with chip if needed. 

• Like 1

I have both, I have the Land Rover 130 that is used everyday and a transit for the bigger jobs. The key in my opinion is having lots of top sites or getting the customer to keep the chip. The Land Rover can get in places transits and the like can not. I'm on my 3rd 4x4tipper now and it works for me.IMG_0701.jpg

• Like 4