Best (cheap) attachments for Tuefelburger Evo treemotion harness?

redmotive

Trying to start out climbing and I have the harness and think it's good to build out from there - maybe it doesn't matter.

I know I'll need a top handle, silky, couple of ropes one long 45m one short 25m. For getting up and down I'll need an ascender with that little rope attached to my harness, saver or something. I'll need two or so carabineers (D shaped I suppose) as well but beyond this I'm not sure what I need.

I know there are a few methods of climbing a tree but as a noob I want the cheapest and most effective/versatile way there is. I'll do more research in due course but hearing from you guys would be a good head start. 

Edited by redmotive

Trying to start out climbing and I have the harness and think it's good to build out from there - maybe it doesn't matter.
I know I'll need a top handle, silky, couple of ropes one long 45m one short 25m. For getting up and down I'll need an ascender with that little rope attached to my harness, saver or something. I'll need two or so carabineers (D shaped I suppose) as well but beyond this I'm not sure what I need.

I know there are a few methods of climbing a tree but as a noob I want the cheapest and most effective/versatile way there is. I'll do more research in due course but hearing from you guys would be a good head start. 
Prussic tied with an eye2eye friction cord and cheap pulley will cost about 30-40quid, if you have a carabiner. Prussic is very simple knot best one if you have no training. You are going to do your climbing tickets I assume?
  • Like 1

Yeah as above a hitch climber set up will save your elbows a lot. Also cheap Cambium saver is worth it. Check eBay regularly and buy nearly new kit.

Once your happy with the hitch climber and climbing is earning you money a zig zag and spikes and you’ll be covered for most eventualities

10 hours ago, jfc said:

Prussic tied with an eye2eye friction cord and cheap pulley will cost about 30-40quid, if you have a carabiner. Prussic is very simple knot best one if you have no training. You are going to do your climbing tickets I assume?

Prussic, eye2eye friction cord and pulley/hitch climber. Cambium saver too along with two 35m ropes. Alright!

Yeah I've got some courses planned for July/August. NPTC 204 & 205 I believe. Access/aerial first aid and freefall techniques with a chainsaw. Just the basic ones for now as that's what I can afford.

Zig zag and spikes when I've got more money too. Thanks a bunch fellas.

6 hours ago, twiggers said:

For your tickets you’ll need two ropes that reach the ground so 35ish meters each. Don’t bother with the 45m I’ve used mine a handful of times.

You’ll only need one hitch climber as the other just needs to tended for slack.

7 hours ago, twiggers said:

Yeah as above a hitch climber set up will save your elbows a lot. Also cheap Cambium saver is worth it. Check eBay regularly and buy nearly new kit.

Once your happy with the hitch climber and climbing is earning you money a zig zag and spikes and you’ll be covered for most eventualities

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ah. Was going to say I'd always avoid getting secondhand kit from ebay where possible as you don't have the background on what work or life it has had. If you were nearer I would have said to pop round and you could try some different climbing equipment to see what suits you and your style of climbing

• Like 1

On 01/07/2022 at 13:56, Tommy_B said:

Ah. Was going to say I'd always avoid getting secondhand kit from ebay where possible as you don't have the background on what work or life it has had. If you were nearer I would have said to pop round and you could try some different climbing equipment to see what suits you and your style of climbing

That's mighty nice of you. No worries though I'll figure things out.

• Like 1