Northern Arb Supplies

smokingdragon

Bought a new bar and chains for it and there turned out to be an issue with the web page that was showing the incorrect size chain for the bar, so was too big when I went to fit it. Contacted them via mail and all sorted quickly - new chains sent and free label to send the wrong ones back. Can't complain about the customer service!

Northern Arb's website and overall service is still not quite up to scratch. Too many inconsistencies particularly with search results and invoices. I found customer services to be sub-standard too - not straightforward and difficult to get replies to emails. Overall, for me anyway, too much like hard work so I can't recommend them.

Edited by BobbyDee

It's nice to see someone post something positive about a company, I think too often we only post when things go wrong.

For what it's worth I've always had good service from them and the chains especially are great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ive always had very prompt delivery from Northen Arb, website is easy to use as well. Their Rotatec Chains are incredibly cheap and Ive found them to be very good value for money. Ive just bought a 16" and 18" bar from them as well, they seem well made and so far are working perfectly. 

Northern Arb and I got off on the wrong foot when they lost my stack of genuine TW blades for resharpening, and after several heated calls to the higher echelons, they begrudgingly sent me some el cheapo chocolate replacements.

This in itself was then rectified after a series of robust conversations.

However since that unfortunate incident they’ve pulled their socks up and have delivered faultless service and can’t be more helpful to me.

• Like 1

I have stopped using Rotatech chains and bars. I have had a number of bars suffer abnormal wear and metal fatigue seeming to indicate that the bar was not properly hardened?  After the 2nd bar, I gave up with them.  Equally the chains seemed to have markedly different wear properties: some would last well (in terms of retaining sharpness) whilst others just refused to hold their edges.  Did my 32 and my examiner was scathing about the quality of the gear and stopped using them.  Still use their chain oil though in 25L lumps (originally cos of the tart on the sticker, sooo un-pc it made me laugh cos I am a kid).

Use Chainsawbars now.  Quality gear, rapid delivery and what Rob doesn't know about chain or bars isn't worth knowing.

And have made a deliberate decision to move to semi-chisel chains for nearly all the saws (except the top-handles).  Why?

Because sooner or later in tree surgery as opposed to forestry, you are going to hit a hidden nail or chain and sharpening a big bar without a vice is such a pain.  And despite investing in my crew so that there are more and more CS30/31 ticket holders, I still find it's me that's sharpening the bloody things the night before a big job,,,

Andrew

• 7 months later...