TREES ON CROWN LAND

SarahD

Maybe I'll speak to the poor bloke who had to readjust his boundary fence first.  

From the photos can anyone give me an idea (if it possible to assess from them) whether the trees are a risk to my property and what kind of price would I expect to pay for removal?  I think I might then need to contact Burges Salmon who hold possession of the escheat land to confirm their position on maintenance responsibilities.  According to the council website there is no TPO on them, and I assume they cover all land regardless, council or private.

Get someone reputable to have a look, we can't inspect for defects from these photos. The size doesn't look excessive so may not be, if there's something nasty in the undergrowth then maybe.

Its in the unwritten rule book not to price off of photos but they look more like 2-400 per tree to me than 1000.

1 minute ago, Dan Maynard said:

Get someone reputable to have a look, we can't inspect for defects from these photos. The size doesn't look excessive so may not be, if there's something nasty in the undergrowth then maybe.

Its in the unwritten rule book not to price off of photos but they look more like 2-400 per tree to me than 1000.

Ok, even though the trunk and/or canopy of each one is higher than the house?  Maybe I'll get a few quotes then.

Just now, SarahD said:

Ok, even though the trunk and/or canopy of each one is higher than the house?  Maybe I'll get a few quotes then.

Higher than a house isn't huge for a tree.

In terms of removal, there's nothing under the trees to worry about breaking. Often a lot of labour goes in to moving everything from the back garden to the front, we can park right next to these so everything goes straight off the tree into the chipper. It would be a fun job for someone.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SarahD said:

And they'd probably dump all the rubbish on some other poor bugger's property for them to clear up.  One year the travellers, who at least annually camp on one of the verges on the estate, left a dead horse behind (along with loads of pallets etc) when they moved on.  It's us council tax payers who pick up the cost of the clean-up.

They might clear it properly..., then come back with 3 caravans for 2 weeks every year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They look like like fairly small trees, though its  hard to tell the scale from thoose  photos.

First photo the image is blurry but from the leaf shape does look like a cherry  covered in ivy?

Third one is a cherry.

Looks like the last photo is  a leylandi   and maybe the second  one also.

Why not leave the some of  the cherries maybe crown raise etc, and remove or just cut any ivy off at base of trunks,   and just get rid of the leylandis?

Its also the right time of year to prune cherries with regards to avoiding silver leaf.

In the third photo, is that red brick wall on left your house?

Might need  traffic management as roadside?

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1

I'm not sure I can get in a position to take a photo that shows the trees proximity to the house clearly enough.  This is from the back view, but the garden is small and if I step back any further a butterfly bush obscures any view.  Out front, the road is very narrow before I'm bumping into the houses opposite.

tree1.jpg

tree3.jpg