TREES ON CROWN LAND

SarahD

24 minutes ago, john87 said:

Thank you.  I'll have a thorough read through later.  My first thoughts would be how do you prove you have been squatting for the required period.   I think fencing it off may have been already attempted locally and failed.  Interestingly my neighbours whose house sits behind the escheat ground (it's a cul-de-sac) so their front door faces it,  but adjacent to my back garden, have put a couple of raised beds on part of it.  I didn't object.  It doesn't belong to me and seemed better than the brambles that grew there beforehand.  Maybe, this is their plan.  

12 minutes ago, dumper said:

If that’s the plan help by getting them to deal with the trees!

D'you know, I've no idea whether they are owners or tenants and the piece they put the raised beds on had no trees,  just brambles.  To add more beds they would have had to cut the trees down, so perhaps they are in the same position.  If the trees fell, they are far enough away from their property not to damage it.

Edited by SarahD

3 minutes ago, john87 said:

Can you not just employ pikeys to simply drop the things, clear off and leave them where they are, Job done, deny all knowledge.. Or kill the things with diesel..

john..

I think the 'p' word may be banned these days.  We get lots of travellers around who do knock and ask about cutting the trees back.  I'm doubtful they would have any insurance (never mind the skill)  and I think the implications for me and the neighbours if they did cause any damage are not something I would want to deal with.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, dumper said:

It’s a cash transaction with plausible deniability 

And they'd probably dump all the rubbish on some other poor bugger's property for them to clear up.  One year the travellers, who at least annually camp on one of the verges on the estate, left a dead horse behind (along with loads of pallets etc) when they moved on.  It's us council tax payers who pick up the cost of the clean-up.

Edited by SarahD
  • Like 5

To the local authority.  As I said in an earlier post, I saw another householder on the estate gradually clear away trees (very small area that probably doubled the length of his handkerchief-sized back garden) and then eventually fence off the area, only later to then set the fence back to what I think was the original boundary.  Nobody would go to the expense of this unless they received some kind of official warning.  

None of their business. Not their land.

11 minutes ago, AHPP said:

None of their business. Not their land.

I agree, which is why I don't object to the neighbour's raised beds, but there are an awful lot of people around who make their business to interfere; I don't know what their motivation is.

Edited by SarahD

I agree, which is why I don't object to the neighbour's raised beds, but there are an awful lot of people around who make their business to interfere; I don't know what their motivation is.

Those interferers would have to whinge to the landowner (or someone that passes the whinge onto the landowner), then the landowner has to care, then they have to do something. If they do do something, reassess the situation then but not before.