slow workers

manco

23 hours ago, Mull said:

For many I think it was when we became parents and “ wanted the best” for our little darlings.

A whole lot of truth in that statement Mull,

Or "spare the rod and spoil the child" as I imagine the Victorians expressed it. 

They were perhaps more corrector than they knew!

Edited by difflock

A whole lot of truth in that statement Mull,
Or "spare the rod and spoil the child" as I imagine the Victorians expressed it. 
They were perhaps corrector than they knew!

Yes Marcus, they were banging on about it over the platinum jubilee,’ the further back you look,the further forward you can see’ or something along those lines!

36 minutes ago, Mull said:

For many I think it was when we became parents and “ wanted the best” for our little darlings.

That's a crap reply. People have been parents from way back, when did we become weak men/womwen?

Edited by eggsarascal

I'm not entirely sure that beating your children leads to "Good Times", to be honest. I think it might be a bit more complicated than that. 

[emoji849] oh aye! What leads to good times old boy? Give everyone a good time with no payback or cost[emoji3]

That's a crap reply. People have been parents from way back, when did we become weak men/womwen?

It’s a generation thing, one gets its right, alls good, the next ****************s it up, because their life is easy.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mull said:

emoji849.png oh aye! What leads to good times old boy? Give everyone a good time with no payback or costemoji3.png

Well, what defines a "good time" itself is a question with no single answer. Good times for who, exactly? Since the dawn of humankind, we have had the downtrodden, the forgotten, the abused, the exploited, the persecuted... you get the idea. It would take a great deal of persuasion to convince the people under the boot that they are living through good times, regardless of how comfortable they are when compared to their equivalent of  a generation, or a hundred,  or a thousand years previous.

Personally, I think a society that, generally, tries to look after each and every single person in it and, specifically (just to stay  latched on to your example), doesn't punish children who are too young to understand logic and reason with physical violence, is a big step towards living in a "Good Time". 

Anecdotally, I've never taken a short length of hose to my own son's buttocks, and so far he seems to be something of a tough little nugget.

Conversely, one of my many cats has stuck his nose in the butter dish a few too many times and has been shown a couple of slaps for his troubles, and has now reverted to a placid, meek, and subservient way of life. 

Well, what defines a "good time" itself is a question with no single answer. Good times for who, exactly? Since the dawn of humankind, we have had the downtrodden, the forgotten, the abused, the exploited, the persecuted... you get the idea. It would take a great deal of persuasion to convince the people under the boot that they are living through good times, regardless of how comfortable they are when compared to their equivalent of  a generation, or a hundred,  or a thousand years previous.

Personally, I think a society that, generally, tries to look after each and every single person in it and, specifically (just to stay  latched on to your example), doesn't punish children who are too young to understand logic and reason with physical violence, is a big step towards living in a "Good Time". 

Anecdotally, I've never taken a short length of hose to my own son's buttocks, and so far he seems to be something of a tough little nugget.
Conversely, one of my many cats has stuck his nose in the butter dish a few too many times and has been shown a couple of slaps for his troubles, and has now reverted to a placid, meek, and subservient way of life. 

Oh well, at least the cat knows the score.

7 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

When we could afford to  .  .  .

I ponder such things(and in for me an "enlightening" way as did our Son during his adolescent years, to a troubling extent, and due to his 3rd generation inherited genetics😌)

Anyway someone coined a phrase something along the lines of,

"hard times produce strong men, who produce great societies, which creates weak men who create hard times, which produce strong men  .  .  ."

Or, be they  medevial robber Barons or modern organised crime Bosses, once they have gained power, by violent means, they must then desire order and stability, and education for their family dynasties to prosper within and enjoy untroubled , such is human nature. Like by buying into legimate businesses to turn their dirty money clean.

A conunderum indeed!

signed,

Gibber, Mutter an Twitch.(be a good catchy name for a firm of psycoanalysists that would)

Edited by difflock