Nosie Complaint

Chipperclown

Local councils use the 1990 environmental protection act. As long as you are between 8.00 and 6 8 and 1 on a Saturday and nothing on Bank Holiday and Sundays the same as construction you should be fine. As this matter will be dealt with by the council the chances of anything happening is very low. 

They will argue between it being a environmental health issue and a trading standards issue. 

• Like 1

If you follow the building or construction guidelines you should be OK though. What I read yesterday focussed more on the operators with PPE and ear defenders.

I might ask what time you started and finished the work? If they are complaining at 11:00 on a Friday morning then they have no grounds, working at 7:00 then maybe, and of course "Tree removals".. a few trees? if you have been doing the job for a day and a half then no grounds but if you have been at it for 3 months then maybe.

I think the rules all depends on the extent of the problem, like I said above keep to sociable times and you should be OK.

I might also ask what the complainer was after from the complaint or if they gave a reason, for example night shift worker might well complain and ask you to be quieter, but Mrs Miggings getting annoyed they she hears noises while drinking her afternoon gin.. no cause to complain.

I guess if they complain again you can listen to their complaint and politely point them in the direction of the council noise complaints people?

8am-2pm on a Saturday & tree removals. Just moaning about noise on a Saturday. I don't care about the complaint just would be good to know the exact rules so I can provide a professional response.

Removing trees doesn't come under building or construction so I wouldn't  quote or work to this guide. Thats all can currently find online.