Chainsaw value, anyideas?

rodp

7 minutes ago, rodp said:

Got to ask, where did you get the "Does not run" from?

Well, i did not mean your saws in particular, was just saying in general. Mind you, you did say that you had only had the Husqvarna going once. [and that it was hard to start] Nobody will buy a saw that takes 30 pulls to start.. Just put new fuel in them and run them for a bit and they should both go easily..

john

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, john87 said:

Well, i did not mean your saws in particular, was just saying in general. Mind you, you did say that you had only had the Husqvarna going once. [and that it was hard to start] Nobody will buy a saw that takes 30 pulls to start.. Just put new fuel in them and run them for a bit and they should both go easily..

john

To be honest, it's probably hard to start because I'm 16 months off 70 and it's not something I do every day. I daresay someone in their 30's/40's would fire it up quite quickly. You just can't beat old age, it wins every time 😔

• Like 1

7 hours ago, openspaceman said:

You confuse old age and death, we can't have nippers like you getting despondent and giving up.

Far from despondent but definitely a realist, but it sinks in when you can no longer run a comfortable ten miles or do one armed chin ups (just) and still rock climb to E6. The mind is willing, but the body says "Nah, no chance" 🤣

1 hour ago, rodp said:

Far from despondent but definitely a realist, but it sinks in when you can no longer run a comfortable ten miles or do one armed chin ups (just) and still rock climb to E6. The mind is willing, but the body says "Nah, no chance" 🤣

I doubt I ever ran more than 3 miles (school cross country), just about managed 20 press ups but was happy climbing the gym rope over hand with no foot locking and doing a few pull ups on the door architrave.

I gave up rock climbing 51 years ago and had intended to visit the great prow (climbing which I had failed) on the cuillins last week but the 7 year old twins didn't want the walk in.

Yes I cannot manage a fraction of the work I used to do but stamina only went down noticeably after 60. Never had any health problems apart from accident damage till last year, so Marcus I may be being kept alive by drugs but more likely they just make me feel ill.

I can however still start all my saws, though the 920 remains a pig and I have had to walk away and come back after a breather. I do have to drop start them as bending over with my heel on the back handle means I cannot deliver the impetus.

Edited by openspaceman
Posted before finishing

10 hours ago, rodp said:

To be honest, it's probably hard to start because I'm 16 months off 70 and it's not something I do every day. I daresay someone in their 30's/40's would fire it up quite quickly. You just can't beat old age, it wins every time 😔

That makes you 68 doesn't it. I was 70 last Sunday and I can start any of my saws in 4 pulls. That's MS460 to Husqvarna 135, toe through the back handle and a steady pull then a couple of quick ones. 044 sometimes takes a couple more on choke but it runs well. I do struggle for breath sometimes due to TB in my 30s but if you pace yourself and don't overdo it you get there eventually.

Edited by peatff
  • Like 2

was happy climbing the gym rope over hand with no foot locking

I used to love doing that in school coz nearly everyone else couldn't &  the ones that could, couldn't get to the top as fast. I  had  a scaffold pole at home my dad had  tied between two trees I used to spin around and around on as a a high bar and also  a trapeze with a raised platform spent hrs playing on.

• Like 2