Any back boiler stoves left?

scbk

Well a chance gumtree advert sees me now as the owner of this pile of bits, apparently a 12kw clearview (with backboiler), it's nearly as old as me.

£400 for the lot so not a huge bargain really, I bet it cost about that when it was brand new!

P1070805x.jpg

I don't have any central heating currently so it's all going to have to be put in, pipes radiators tanks new fireplace etc etc :afraid:💰

Hoping to see if it's feasible to have a solar thermal panel to help with the hot water

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My vintage ULEFOSS 865 Woodburner boiler has just sprung a leak. I would like to keep it going due to the hassle of finding another boiler stove.

Anybody know where I could get a new one or someone who could make a stainless steel one ??

13 minutes ago, porky said:

My vintage ULEFOSS 865 Woodburner boiler has just sprung a leak. I would like to keep it going due to the hassle of finding another boiler stove.

Anybody know where I could get a new one or someone who could make a stainless steel one ??

Ulefoss have gone many years ago , do the pipes come out of the side of the stove or at the far back opposite end to the door  if out the side I may be able to help but I need precise size , and likely only available in stainless steel  and the pipe outlet holes might not match with original holes 07900497854 or mail,  [email protected]  andrew hemsley 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, htb said:

I take it you can no longer get multi fuel Rayburn stoves? and Esse.

The Esse Ironheart seems to be Wood Fired only now, but still available and built to current regs. 

WWW.ESSE.COM

Our Ironheart multifuel cooker isn't just great for roast dinners, baking bread, and cooking pizza to perfection - it also keeps the whole room warm!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

The Esse Ironheart seems to be Wood Fired only now, but still available and built to current regs. 

Our Ironheart multifuel cooker isn't just great for roast dinners, baking bread, and cooking pizza to perfection - it also keeps the whole room warm!

No back boiler option I fear.

2 minutes ago, htb said:

No back boiler option I fear.

Really? Thats sad. 

My one is 11kw output. I think about 3kw to Water and 7.5-8kw to the Room/oven. I see the website states 7.3kw to the Room where as the older non-boiler version was 10.5kw to the Room. So where has the other 2-3kw gone? 

Still, how hard would it be to retro-fit a Boiler?