Staple pullers /tools...

Stere

Would this be decent for removing old fence staples?

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for PRIORY UK MADE Nail Puller For Wood Floor Boards &...

Jaws look abit fat?

Stanrite do fancy tools but  expensive.  using normal fence pliers & hammer is abit of a chore/slow for a long run of fence...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stere said:

Would this be decent for removing old fence staples?

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for PRIORY UK MADE Nail Puller For Wood Floor Boards &...

Jaws look abit fat?

Stanrite do fancy tools but  expensive.  using normal fence pliers & hammer is abit of a chore/slow for a long run of fence...

There is a nack in using fencing pliers and also need a good pair not cheap Chinese ones. Haven’t had many staples that I could get out with pliers with out using hammer as well. 

If staples have been hammered home the best thing is an old combine spike welded to a bit of pipe 

• Like 3

I have the Priory Nail puller - but not for pulling staples.  It does work but it can hard to get into the top of the staple.  

The Strainrite Staple Tool is utterly brilliant.  Have had one for a few years and it never, ever fails.  There are other staple removal tools I've tried - but nothing comes close this.  It gets into tight gaps, is quick, simple and efficient to use.  Staples removed in a few seconds every time.  No need to resort to spikes or hammers - just rolls them out.

It is expensive but worth every penny if you're repairing fencing.  I think it was developed/designed by a New Zealand farmer who was fed-up with tools that didn't work. 

I see them used on eBay for not much more than new - so you'll get most of your money back if/when you sell it.

Edited by Bunzena

• 1 month later...
On 26/05/2022 at 16:23, Bunzena said:

I have the Priory Nail puller - but not for pulling staples.  It does work but it can hard to get into the top of the staple.  

The Strainrite Staple Tool is utterly brilliant.  Have had one for a few years and it never, ever fails.  There are other staple removal tools I've tried - but nothing comes close this.  It gets into tight gaps, is quick, simple and efficient to use.  Staples removed in a few seconds every time.  No need to resort to spikes or hammers - just rolls them out.

It is expensive but worth every penny if you're repairing fencing.  I think it was developed/designed by a New Zealand farmer who was fed-up with tools that didn't work. 

I see them used on eBay for not much more than new - so you'll get most of your money back if/when you sell it.

Are those the things about 80 odd quid??

I was in a fencing shop a week or 2 back and seen them hanging up seen the price tag and couldnae believe it.

Just a lass behind till she didnae ken much about them.

The probelm with normal fencing pliers if ur doing a lot of them the oppisate side eventually snaps off.

Seen varios things from rebar spikes etc, but best thing i use now is a bit of leaf spring cut at a steep angle ( like thin pizza slice) and weld a handle onto it, looks ridiculaus but it does work well

Being an old leaf spring i thik it holds its shape better? atleast thats why i persume he makes them out of springs

On 19/07/2022 at 22:54, drinksloe said:

Are those the things about 80 odd quid??

I was in a fencing shop a week or 2 back and seen them hanging up seen the price tag and couldnae believe it.

Just a lass behind till she didnae ken much about them.

The probelm with normal fencing pliers if ur doing a lot of them the oppisate side eventually snaps off.

Seen varios things from rebar spikes etc, but best thing i use now is a bit of leaf spring cut at a steep angle ( like thin pizza slice) and weld a handle onto it, looks ridiculaus but it does work well

Being an old leaf spring i thik it holds its shape better? atleast thats why i persume he makes them out of springs

Yep - £80-90.  Mine have been used and abused and still in perfect working order...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drinksloe said:

Just had a google on line.

Would it pull strainer steeples out if driven right into the hilt if u were stripping of a strainer post?

The grips look quite pointy but still look like a well driven in steeple miht be hard to grip

If it is the same sort of design as the old ones the outer bit of the handle acts like a slide hammer, you put the jaw adjacent to the nail or staple and bang it in then lever over to close the jaws and pull the nail out.