Jo Beau ripping off their customers!

Gardenscape

There isn't much in the way of bespoke engineering or parts on any machine, better to identify and find alternatives to OEM consumables before the eleventh hour if you want to avoid being shafted.

Bob

• Like 5

That's all good and I don't blame you guys I would do the same .. maybe worth thinking about though if your not owner operator is that any machine modified without factory parts your insurance will be probably be invalid , not so much important on the wee chipper but grinders have pretty good potential to do a lot of damage to a person.

2 hours ago, MattyF said:

That's all good and I don't blame you guys I would do the same .. maybe worth thinking about though if your not owner operator is that any machine modified without factory parts your insurance will be probably be invalid , not so much important on the wee chipper but grinders have pretty good potential to do a lot of damage to a person.

How are you thinking a failed throttle cable could cause any damage? A cable is a cable. Replacing the cable is not the same as removing the two-handle spool valve on a log splitter.

By your reasoning, surely your insurance is invalid if you fit new grinding teeth yourself. What about changing the oil yourself? Or even filling with petrol yourself? What if you fit a new petrol line badly and cause an explosion? Or maybe you don't fit a new petrol line and that causes an explosion?

It's not an issue that needs to be worried about, frankly. If you are such an idiot that you'd refit parts so as to make the machine dangerous to use (if that's even possible!) then you're probably enough of an idiot to pay Jo Beau prices! 🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MattyF said:

To extend this to a logical conclusion only oem bars and chain on saws, the belt on your trousers to be by the manufacture. Oregon and rob d would be out of business you would only be able to use Stihl oil in your saw 

I have found the insurers are more interested in records and paperwork than where parts are from

• Like 1

How are you thinking a failed throttle cable could cause any damage? A cable is a cable. Replacing the cable is not the same as removing the two-handle spool valve on a log splitter.

By your reasoning, surely your insurance is invalid if you fit new grinding teeth yourself. What about changing the oil yourself? Or even filling with petrol yourself? What if you fit a new petrol line badly and cause an explosion? Or maybe you don't fit a new petrol line and that causes an explosion?

It's not an issue that needs to be worried about, frankly. If you are such an idiot that you'd refit parts so as to make the machine dangerous to use (if that's even possible!) then you're probably enough of an idiot to pay Jo Beau prices! 🤣

**************** off bell end , read back what I wrote , folk here are talking about modding grinders , I know of some one who would not get a pay out because the grinder had been modified for chance of spending money on it ... by all means do what you have too but I was pointing out some times it's not worth it....

9 minutes ago, MattyF said:

**************** off bell end , read back what I wrote , folk here are talking about modding grinders , I know of some one who would not get a pay out because the grinder had been modified for chance of spending money on it ... by all means do what you have too but I was pointing out some times it's not worth it....

43 minutes ago, MattyF said:

The only mention of a grinder on this thread talks about replacing the main bearings… with bearings matching the number written on the original bearing. Because, guess what?- bearings are manufactured by a whole host of factories to a recognised standard! 

Bearings and belts are the easiest thing on any machine to source from a supplier other than the main dealer, as they have standards and  numbers written on them relating to this. 

bellend yourself. 

• Like 1

The only mention of a grinder on this thread talks about replacing the main bearings… with bearings matching the number written on the original bearing. Because, guess what?- bearings are manufactured by a whole host of factories to a recognised standard! 

Bearings and belts are the easiest thing on any machine to source from a supplier other than the main dealer, as they have standards and  numbers written on them relating to this. 

bellend yourself. 

Bearings and belts obviously off the shelf are not the same as modifying a machine to bypass a feature that would cost money to fix is what I'm getting at... take it which way you want I really could not give a ****************.

5 hours ago, aspenarb said:

There isn't much in the way of bespoke engineering or parts on any machine, better to identify and find alternatives to OEM consumables before the eleventh hour if you want to avoid being shafted.

Bob

Ha ha. It goes like this..

Me: Have you got a thingumy for my chipper? it’s out of action.

Dealer: Yep, one sitting on the shelf in front of me, £200 and I’ll send it this afternoon.

Me: £200! It’s only a piece of plastic, I’m sure I could pick one up for buttons elsewhere.

30 seconds of silence…

Me: Ok, I’ll pay with a Mastercard, big number is…

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Ha ha. It goes like this..

Me: Have you got a thingumy for my chipper? it’s out of action.

Dealer: Yep, one sitting on the shelf in front of me, £200 and I’ll send it this afternoon.

Me: £200! It’s only a piece of plastic, I’m sure I could pick one up for buttons elsewhere.

30 seconds of silence…

Me: Ok, I’ll pay with a Mastercard, big number is…

Don't they take visa then 😂