Echo 2511 air filter options

stewmo

Just wondering on the difference on these two….

SKYLANDEQUIPMENT.COM

Air filter for the Echo CS2511TES chainsaw. Complete air filter includes both halves as per picture. A Genuine Echo product Part number A226002140

This one I have and seem to have to replace fairly regularly.

Notice Chainsawbars has this one at 3x the price….looks like fabric rather than plastic mesh

WWW.CHAINSAWBARS.CO.UK

A226001991 Air Filter Echo 2511TES - both halves of filter. This gives you a full replacement air filter for this saw.

Any wisdom on the differences?

16 hours ago, stewmo said:

Just wondering on the difference on these two….

Air filter for the Echo CS2511TES chainsaw. Complete air filter includes both halves as per picture. A...

This one I have and seem to have to replace fairly regularly.

Notice Chainsawbars has this one at 3x the price….looks like fabric rather than plastic mesh

A226001991 Air Filter Echo 2511TES - both halves of filter. This gives you a full replacement air filter for this saw.

Any wisdom on the differences?

Nylon mesh usually has lower density (~50 micron particle filtration) is easily washable and is the best option to prevent frost formation in low temperatures.

The felt filter has less than 20 micron particle filtration, provides good engine protection for lazy homeowners and in dusty dry conditions :) The downside is - it’s hard to wash and some of the dirt accumulates between layers, so needs to be changed way more often.

Nylon mesh usually has lower density (~50 micron particle filtration) is easily washable and is the best option to prevent frost formation in low temperatures.
The felt filter has less than 20 micron particle filtration, provides good engine protection for lazy homeowners and in dusty dry conditions [emoji4] The downside is - it’s hard to wash and some of the dirt accumulates between layers, so needs to be changed way more often.

Thanks mate. That’s great info
  • Thanks 1

What’s the reason you’re changing them so much? Can you get use of an air gun?

I have one. But they just don’t seem to clean up that well. The fuel and oil and whatnot just builds up and you notice it in the performance when you get a new one.

Don’t know really. It’s only this saw I have this with, all my others fine. So I guess I just put it down to the finnicketyness of the saw in general. They seem quite fussy.
  • Like 1

Just split the air filter and give it a blast with some brake cleaner. They then come up as new. I haven't came across any that have needed binning.

I think they the fleece one would be a big headache which is why we haven't bothered to stock them.

• Like 3

Just split the air filter and give it a blast with some brake cleaner. They then come up as new. I haven't came across any that have needed binning.

I think they the fleece one would be a big headache which is why we haven't bothered to stock them.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Brake or carb cleaner and an air gun. Good as new.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Brake or carb cleaner and an air gun. Good as new.

Thanks. I tried cleaning with carb cleaner and it looked fantastic but then the saw ran like shit after that so I got a new one and it was fine.
The carbs are so sensitive and I’m not confident to tune them. A 200 I can tune but the echo…nope

Thanks. I tried cleaning with carb cleaner and it looked fantastic but then the saw ran like shit after that so I got a new one and it was fine.
The carbs are so sensitive and I’m not confident to tune them. A 200 I can tune but the echo…nope

Did you blast it with an air gun after soaking it? Yeah they are annoyingly sensitive. They just need really small movements to tune. Sometimes it’s good to go back to the factory settings and start from there.

94ebe5cd69e1867f3f0c23de80895d7d.jpg

Does help having a tach but these are the factory settings.
  • Like 1

Did you blast it with an air gun after soaking it? Yeah they are annoyingly sensitive. They just need really small movements to tune. Sometimes it’s good to go back to the factory settings and start from there.

94ebe5cd69e1867f3f0c23de80895d7d.jpg

Does help having a tach but these are the factory settings.

Yeah felt like I did everything right but what to do!
Thanks for those settings. Got a tach so maybe one day when I’m feeling brave!
Honestly I just can’t be without this saw anymore so if I **************** the tuning it’s not worth it.
  • Like 1