Defender 130

Hodge

10 minutes ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

Ouch. What was the effect in your ability to steer when that happened?

Steering went incredibly light. Bloody lucky when and where it did it, never had that happen in 40yrs of Land rovers, had wheels detach mind.

My 110 Hicap on 235/85/16, I run at 32 front 45-48 psi rear.

7 minutes ago, htb said:

Steering went incredibly light. Bloody lucky when and where it did it, never had that happen in 40yrs of Land rovers, had wheels detach mind.

My 110 Hicap on 235/85/16, I run at 32 front 45-48 psi rear.

I watched a snatch Landover lose a front wheel. Fortunately I was watching from the back of the vehicle in front. It just took off and took us ages to find it. No real damage though. Ended up about 150 metres away in some bushes.

32 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

The 130 steers like a boat when everything is connected..

Aye they do in arb configuration with a loaded chip box on the back. Mine's a standard crew cab and to be fair when it's set up properly it steers pretty well.

Big tyres, shite roads and dare I say it some shite driving and it soon becomes more interesting.

Did you sell yours btw?

Edited by Puffingbilly413

17 hours ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

Did you sell yours btw?

The high prices that landrovers were being advertised for appear to have been overly optimistic... We don't need to sell it, we know it's history and know that we can keep it operational for another 20 years.. If someone offered good money we would sell it, but it is worth quite alot to us as as spare/backup/rarely used tipper.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, benedmonds said:

The high prices that landrovers were being advertised for appear to have been overly optimistic... We don't need to sell it, we know it's history and know that we can keep it operational for another 20 years.. If someone offered good money we would sell it, but it is worth quite alot to us as as spare/backup/rarely used tipper.

Can't blame you. I'd be unwilling to sell mine. For what it does it's great. I admit I'm a defender fan so occasionally wilfully blind to their faults but at 220,000 I do plan to try and double that.

• 8 months later...