Do you do pre or post climbing stretches?

KateH

Do you do pre or post climbing stretches?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you stretch before or after you climb?

• No, never
    • Yes, sometimes
    • Yes, always

Do you stretch before or after you climb? Do you think it helps to avoid injuries? 

If so what do you recommend are the best stretches? How long do you do it for? We're interested to know and will share what we learn in a blog if it seems like it would be useful to Arb Climbers generally. Thanks! Beccy and Kate

Picture credit: Photo by Mars Williams on Unsplash

mars-williams--8b50abrBGw-unsplash.jpg

No one wakes up in the morning and then climbs a tree ....getting to work , loading kit , hooking up the chipper etc is a bit of a warm up , so is getting ladder up tree or trying to throw a rope or throwbag up the tree , I get what a warm up is and sometimes just stretch because I feel like it or it feels like I need to rather than a routine , never had a joint , muscle problem associated with that aspect of work ,  starting saws is probably as hard on joints etc ....Heavy lifting is the worst for damaging your body ...

• Like 1

I can't say I have ever seen anyone stretch before or after tree climbing. And would guess it would be welcomed with ridicule and tease, certainly with some of the people that I have worked with over the years. That said it could be a wise thing to do to help prevent injury and strain and something that I would not be surprised becomes more common in this ever changing world we live in.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2022 at 15:29, Steve Bullman said:

If I had my time again I would stretch before and after every climb. 

Spot on, never climbed but stretch before and after working will save you hamstring trouble in the long run.

• Like 1