Tyre Puncture repairs.....

swinny

It seems currently that we keep getting hammered with punctures and its due to the yard that I am in, nothing I can do about this. 

Only issue is nowadays, the garages cant be arsed doing puncture repairs and if the do its 20 quid plus vat for a repair! 

We've had between 4-5 punctures in the last couple of months! so it adds up and i'm getting annoyed with it. 

I'm just wondering if anyone uses kits like this anymore? 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Compatible with: vehicles with tubeless tires, this kit will allow you to repair perforations quickly and efficiently. This is...

Maybe not specifically this one as its first example i could find but same setup. 

Yes there good but spend good money on a good quality one, the cheap ones snap off in the tyre meaning it’s got to come off to retrieve it and then you have a bigger hole to sort! Sparex or spaldings do so kits at a couple of hundred quid, you pays your money and takes your choice. 

31 minutes ago, swinny said:

It seems currently that we keep getting hammered with punctures and its due to the yard that I am in, nothing I can do about this. 

Only issue is nowadays, the garages cant be arsed doing puncture repairs and if the do its 20 quid plus vat for a repair! 

We've had between 4-5 punctures in the last couple of months! so it adds up and i'm getting annoyed with it. 

I'm just wondering if anyone uses kits like this anymore? 

Compatible with: vehicles with tubeless tires, this kit will allow you to repair perforations quickly and efficiently. This is...

Maybe not specifically this one as its first example i could find but same setup. 

Yes I have used that type of kit for about ten years and always found them successful.  No idea about whether it is legal but they certainly work.  Also saves a lot of time as you can often do a repair in just a few minutes - without even taking the wheel of the vehicle sometimes.

• Like 2

Have used them on ifor williams tyre and it still held 95psi. 
There is a tool called a tyre plugger gun which uses mushroom headed plugs. 

I’ve used the pictured plug kits for a number of years without issues but have always used additional rubber solution on the repair strings. However, I’d always prefer to use the mushroom type plugs from the inside of the tyre wall for peace of mind.

I use puncture repair kits all the time. We have a scrap metal yard next door to us and have a nail in the tyre once a week. They hold up and I’ve never had an issue with them.
This is the kit we have

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Buy MAIKEHIGH Heavy Duty Tyre Puncture Repair Kit - 67 Pc Set For Auto, Motorcycle, ATV, Jeep, Truck, Tractor at Amazon UK. Free delivery on eligible orders.
and it will hold a puncture in a tractor tyre so will handle a van, pickup or 7.5 tonne truck no issue