Repost - Advice on dealing with a beech tree.

JFW67

I have a beech tree that has been growing amongst a thick mixed patch of trees and bushes, (Willow, elder, gorse, barberry and bramble) which has just been thinned and cleared very significantly.  It has grown very crooked.  The first meter or so is at about 35 degrees and then it continues at around 45 degrees to a height of around 4 meters.  It is very thin having had to grow quickly to compete with the trees and bushes around it.  It now sways in the wind and is growing/ hanging over what will be a garden edge.

I will need to deal with it somehow.

If it was a willow or hazel I would cut it right back to give it a chance to grow up from the stump as a copiced tree . . . . 

I have read around beech trees and see that they are pollarded, not always successfully - and from what I understand this is usually from cutting them too brutally.

Comments and advice very welcome

CA0B81D3-FC9B-41E0-BDB8-2A700283211C.jpeg

B99625BF-9A96-4E6E-91CA-86A01DFEECFD.jpeg

1C97D575-FA1A-455C-ACAA-523A1266C6C0.jpeg

Edited by JFW67
Added photos

It is growing very near your fence, and is shaded by trees behind. One option would be to wait til winter (,when dormant) and dig it up and relocate it.
If happy where it is put a stake in to secure it and gradually straighten it out. Maybe using the tress behind to tension a rope to pull it straighter (over a couple of months).
J.