Biomass boiler for sale

The efficiency comes from the 'flat out' running,as it is air assisted wood gassification. Not burning..
I have opened the fan fully so it produces 25kW peak, whem installed it was set up to 18kW, you can also adjust the circulation pump speed (3 speeds) on the 3way valve.
There is a thermostat to set an upper limit, the fan will shut off once reached and just does a small blow every few minutes to keep the fire/embers going.

• Like 1

Had a bit of interest, thank you!
Was aiming for 2k, for the whole lot collected (from SY5).
I can help dismantle.
Still in daily use but will remove for serious buyer.

Was installed 7 years ago and accredited for RHI. Has worked faultless, have simplified setup..

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, good question. I queried it many times before installation as I was leaning towards a 'stumpy'tank , reduced height 2250l. All the 'experts' at the time said you need 60l for each kW installed.. so 1000 it was. Which is probably absolutely fine, but I opened the fans a bit on boiler and now it can probably produce 25kW output..
To answer you question, if done again? I would go bigger! Also because I am not home a lot and more storage makes more sense then.
(I am am having similar coversations with installers for my new house with MVHR and GSHP and a 10kWp solar PV (with 10kWh battery)..
I want to be able to 'store'as much energy as possible, be it electric or heat.

Bigger is better only really applies to woodchip and log boilers, as the fuel is relatively cheap and you want to store every bit of unused heat, log boilers ideally run flat out until it's completely empty.

I would have also gone bigger as I have actually maxed 1500 litres to 90c once or twice.

Edited by GarethM

I'd love to have something like this!  Ok probably not ideally suited to a house in sunbather suburban London but if I lived in a suitable house and location I'd be all over a biomass boiler.  Actually that brings a question to mind, what are the emission regs on these and are they tightening like with stoves?  Could I even install one legally in a smokeless zone like London?  I'm guessing not. Booo!