Biomass boiler for sale

There are plenty that are DEFRA smoke exempt, the initial topic was on a Eco Angus orligano, mine is just the cheap Eco Angus Super.

But to be honest I certainly wouldn't want to even remotely consider using it in a built up area.

Completely ignorant on the topic so forgive the foolish questions but we do have an almost limitless supply of wood here and are in the sticks, so how much was it to set-up initially (if you don't mind me asking?).

Currently on oil, heating a very leaky 5-6 bed house,,,

A

Current cost of a new boiler is around 4k, stainless twin wall flue around another £1000-1500, 1500litre tank and expansion tank around £1800.

If we say a ball park of circa 9k installed that wouldn't be a far off guesstimation.

• Like 2

Current cost of a new boiler is around 4k, stainless twin wall flue around another £1000-1500, 1500litre tank and expansion tank around £1800.

If we say a ball park of circa 9k installed that wouldn't be a far off guesstimation.

Sold mine too cheap[emoji15] [emoji2]

Benno I can't wait to get this installed! I had previously been looking for a back boiler stove using a heat store but we wanted a system where I could still have the option of reverting back to the combi boiler that is already installed in the property. This boiler ticked all the box's! 

I'm guessing that with a system like this you could increase the storage capacity with extra tanks altho heat loss would be greater with extra pipes ect. I'm sure for my needs the 1000liter will work well hopefully we can get solar pv installed further down the line to compliment this system.

• 2 months later...
On 24/06/2022 at 23:15, Andrew L said:

It would be great to see an installation diary if you could find the time.  I think lots of pepes on here would be vvvv interested.

It would give you a record of it as well and maybe make potential problem solving easier, if you needed it?

So this week I collected the boiler and have made a start on fitting it. Are people here interested in seeing the install I could add pictures here, create a new thread or update to my Instagram. Would anyone find it interesting/useful? Thoughts? 

• Like 1