Biomass boiler for sale

Selling my complete biomass setup due to house sale. (GSHP in new house).

Batch log burning. Still in daily use until sold/moving.

Please PM for further info and offers.

Location near Shrewsbury.

Will throw in 12 IBC cages if wanted.

Can help with dismantling and loading.

Thought I advertise on here first as you guys have plenty of logs available[emoji6].20220515_144841.jpeg20220515_144742.jpeg20220515_144712.jpeg20220515_144659.jpeg20220515_144643.jpeg20220515_144624.jpeg20220515_144618.jpeg20220515_144606.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Bennovet said:

Batch log burning. Still in daily use until sold/moving.

Please PM for further info and offers.

Location near Shrewsbury.

Will throw in 12 IBC cages if wanted.

Can help with dismantling and loading.

Thought I advertise on here first as you guys have plenty of logs availableemoji6.png.20220515_144841.jpeg20220515_144742.jpeg20220515_144712.jpeg20220515_144659.jpeg20220515_144643.jpeg20220515_144624.jpeg20220515_144618.jpeg20220515_144606.jpeg

What sort of ballpark figure are you looking for? How often do you have to put logs in it? How big a house did it heat? Does it use much electricity? Does it work if timber isn’t bone dry?

2 hours ago, Bennovet said:

Won't the new house owner want a heating system?  Why are you not leaving it in situ?  I also have a biomass CH and DHW system and it wouldn't even cross my mind to take it out when we sell where we are living.

• Like 2

Just concerned new people wont be able to have log supply like myself.. I shove 2 ibcs through garage doors next to boiler. With loader tractor, with logs 2 years seasoned from my own wood 3 miles away...
Even my wife still thinks it is complicated (after 7 years I am the only operator..)

4/5 bed house, using 18 full ibcs/yr. In summer surplus solar PV is heating storage tank so very little need to burn wood.
Also still have combi boiler connected to system. Only used when I am away or when too busy to fire up.
Needs a daily burn in winter. Set the fan fully open so would be about 25kW . It will burn all sorts once hot. Always start with paper shreds or cardboard and small bits of wood/bark. I only put well seasoned larch, oak, alder and chestnut through it.
Never checked electric use but can only imagine is very low. Only 1x waterpump to run on low pressure system.
(I don't use chimney fan)

Think big useable double garage is a better selling point..
They get to keep the solar PV anyway. No electricity bill for another 12 years! (60p/kWh)

What’s involved in a daily burn? Light it and come back to it a couple of times adding more logs, or get it going and forget about it? Can it be kept in from one day to the next? 
How many days a year do you estimate you run it off 18 ibcs?

What size logs does it need? 
Sorry for all the questions, I’m actually genuinely interested as we are about to knock our house to bits and I’m working out heating arrangements right now! 

In winter once going (takes about 15min) ram it full (up to 45 cm logs) and then it will warm the whole house and the 1000ltr storage. If very cold top up after 4 hours.
In spring, like just now, a full burn contains too much heat for storage tank so only load as much as gestimate to get tank up to temperature. I go up to 85C!
The DHW runs through a heatexchanger, very efficient, still a warm shower when tank has dropped to 40.
Heating runs directly through rads, tank and boiler. 1 low pressure system.
When using combiboiler I just change all the valves and have to up the pressure from 1 bar to about 2. (Bypassing boiler and tank).
Worked very well for the last 7 years! Never had to top up heating oil[emoji6]

4 hours ago, Bennovet said:

In winter once going (takes about 15min) ram it full (up to 45 cm logs) and then it will warm the whole house and the 1000ltr storage. If very cold top up after 4 hours.
In spring, like just now, a full burn contains too much heat for storage tank so only load as much as gestimate to get tank up to temperature. I go up to 85C!
The DHW runs through a heatexchanger, very efficient, still a warm shower when tank has dropped to 40.
Heating runs directly through rads, tank and boiler. 1 low pressure system.
When using combiboiler I just change all the valves and have to up the pressure from 1 bar to about 2. (Bypassing boiler and tank).
Worked very well for the last 7 years! Never had to top up heating oilemoji6.png

Is it just a case of running it flat out when lit, or can it tick over? Any control system at all?