Where to buy Famertec saws in UK

steve gibson

Hi. I'm looking into buying a farmertec g660 but it looks like the only place I get get one from in the uk
is from china via the ebay store -machinerypartstore. Does anyone know where else I can acquire one in the uk? I'm also
open to getting a used one but there doesn't seem to be much of a market for them.

Thanks in advance. Steve

3 hours ago, steve gibson said:

Hi. I'm looking into buying a farmertec g660 but it looks like the only place I get get one from in the uk
is from china via the ebay store -machinerypartstore. Does anyone know where else I can acquire one in the uk? I'm also
open to getting a used one but there doesn't seem to be much of a market for them.

Thanks in advance. Steve

I bought one from their ebay shop, great communication,  speedy delivery, well packaged.  Just  remember the import tax/vat bill from FedEx a couple of days later.

Worked straight out the box after I put the handle on, no issues yet🤞👍.

Remember to budget for a bar and chain, they are not cheap at all any more. To be honest I dropped the ball there as I had it in my mind that a 30inch b and c would be about 70 quid 😯🤦😅 . They're not! 

With that in mind I think I might have been more inclined to spend another couple of hundred quid  and got a genuine used 660 with a couple of bars and Chains.... 

But I didn't and I'm still happy with what I got for the money👍 

• Like 1

I bought one from their ebay shop, great communication,  speedy delivery, well packaged.  Just  remember the import tax/vat bill from FedEx a couple of days later.
Worked straight out the box after I put the handle on, no issues yet🤞[emoji106].

Remember to budget for a bar and chain, they are not cheap at all any more. To be honest I dropped the ball there as I had it in my mind that a 30inch b and c would be about 70 quid [emoji54]🤦[emoji28] . They're not! 
With that in mind I think I might have been more inclined to spend another couple of hundred quid  and got a genuine used 660 with a couple of bars and Chains.... 
But I didn't and I'm still happy with what I got for the money[emoji106] 

Did you not find it leaked ? The fuel cap seals are junk , the crank bearings and seals junk , piston ring ... most of it is pretty poor, I brought one in bits to build one Christmas holiday years back and found myself replacing loads with OEM, then although it worked and maybe seemed ok I would not of had any confidence in running it as a primary saw.
  • Like 1

Worked straight out the box after I put the handle on, no issues yet🤞[emoji106].

Remember to budget for a bar and chain, they are not cheap at all any more. To be honest I dropped the ball there as I had it in my mind that a 30inch b and c would be about 70 quid [emoji54]🤦[emoji28] . They're not! 
But I didn't and I'm still happy with what I got for the money[emoji106] 

Did you not find it leaked ? The fuel cap seals are junk , the crank bearings and seals junk , piston ring ... most of it is pretty poor, I brought one in bits to build one Christmas holiday years back and found myself replacing loads with OEM, then although it worked and maybe seemed ok I would not of had any confidence in running it as a primary saw.

I got one in bits like Matty for a Christmas project and thought it was pretty poor however I got a G660 from the guy in Chelmsford built for a mill and it’s been great and does actually seem of better quality than the parts one.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Not found anything like that so far, mine is the g660 pro, supplied completely assembled.  

I wouldn't buy it as my primary saw, I've got a Spud Ported 461 for that👌 I just wanted something that could do a few more inches for not much money, without chancing an overpriced,  nicked or knackered used saw. 

There are plenty of people with far more experience using these saws than me who's opinions on the quality/lifespan are more valuable than mine! 

But in answer to the original question,  I bought it from the ebay store, shipped from china and can't fault that part👍👍

• Like 1

There is a bloke in Essex that imports them. He asked me about porting them as a bit of an added value sale but I wasn't interested as I have don't have much confidence in aftermarket kit in general apart from getting a low cost "sort of fix" to a broken bit of kit. 

I have seen too many MS200T manifolds get soft with heat and AV mounts fail after a week to know the OEM parts are best for everyday use!

• Like 2