Free Firewood / Arb Waste Wanted, Nairn, Highland

John Skinner

I'm on the hunt for any free firewood here in the Nairn area, Highland, Scotland. Be it arb waste/trimmings, blocks, chunks, lengths or whatever. If it can be moved, lifted, dragged, cut, dried and burned ... i'm interested.

* Have saw - Will cut 👍

I've opened a Free Tip Site (Wyvis Drive) in that section for this purpose.

* Double length domestic driveway with easy access for vans, trailers, etc.

I'm also interested in (slightly off-topic, but still linked) clean white wooden pallets and pallet crates.

Feel free to DM or email if you think you can help, either as a one-off or on a regular basis  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update:

Still very much looking for anyone with supplies of free firewood up here in The Highlands (Nairn area). I'll take it in any form: cut logs, blocks, chunks, lengths, or whatever. Hell, i'll also take clean wood pallets if you have them.

If you are in the Highland/Moray area, have wood to offer (now or on an ongoing basis) feel free to drop me a message  :)

* After yesterdays site message on Tip Site changes ... Yes, I'm perfectly happy to offer a box of beer, nice bottle of whisky or a couple of bottles of vino-du-plonk to anyone providing a load/loads of wood.

1 minute ago, John Skinner said:

Just an update:

Still very much looking for anyone with supplies of free firewood up here in The Highlands (Nairn area). I'll take it in any form: cut logs, blocks, chunks, lengths, or whatever. Hell, i'll also take clean wood pallets if you have them.

If you are in the Highland/Moray area, have wood to offer (now or on an ongoing basis) feel free to drop me a message  :)

* After yesterdays site message on Tip Site changes ... Yes, I'm perfectly happy to offer a box of beer, nice bottle of whisky or a couple of bottles of vino-du-plonk to anyone providing a load/loads of wood.

Its your tip site listing you need to change John, no one is going to notice this here.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's nearly been a month since my last post. So i thought it was time for another update; whether it will be seen or not 🤔 

I have updated my TIP SITE listing, so here's hoping that helps.

I'm in Nairn, Highlands of Scotland and looking for FREE Firewood. Can be logs, blocks, chunks, branches, Arb waste ... basically burnable wood. * See my "Nairn Tip Site" listing for details.

Question:  Are there any Arb's etc on here actually working in my area; Highland / Moray?

Got to be patient, often the tip sites are good for tree surgeons out of their usual area looking for somewhere to tip. Established firms are likely to have their arrangements in place, so all depends wo is working in your area.

Might also be prudent to give the local firms a shout directly, ask if they are passing your place to drop off there instead of back to their base. Might be that if they need to get back to their job and you are 10 minutes each way quicker than the base, they will drop things off, but might not come out of their way to get to you... if it is easier people will come

Second all the above.  I had a tip site listing for..ooo..error 3 years or more before it got used for the first time back in April.  That was not a problem as by messaging 6 or 8 local guys is made 3 good contacts and have no problem getting the ~15 cube a year I want.

You tend to go from famine to flood in the free fire wood game!

Thanks guys. All good information given and all much appreciated. I will reach out to the local Arbs directly and see if that generates anything new.

I am patient and know it might take some time; i'm here for the long haul. I also think it never hurts to just mention every now and again that you are still looking. It might not reach the right people at the time, but it might reach someone or make a contact for the future.

Thanks again.

• Like 1