Sign in to follow this  
arbgirl2022

Chainsaw Trousers

Any reason why only arbortec?

id advise trying anything on personally rather than recommendations. I’ve found they cut of a trousers to be more important than quality. In my case the arbortec just didn’t fit me right and always found them quite restrictive. 

• Like 1

I've had Arbortec stuff and found the quality was poor and the fit wasn't great. Maybe thats changed but I haven't bought anything else from them to check.

They seem quite involved with Social media and have loads of Brand ambassadors so I'm sure there are lots of people to be able to comment

Good luck!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

id advise trying anything on personally rather than recommendations. I’ve found they cut of a trousers to be more important than quality. In my case the arbortec just didn’t fit me right and always found them quite restrictive. 

That's about it, every one is different body shape and length. Best I have found is SIP. 

I have Pfanner Gladiator Extreme with all the vents and just recently the Australian Cloggers , very lightweight for summer ( not ce marked though ) Can't fault either . 

Me too, the sizing is poor in my opinion and I recently questioned them as to why I had paid more buying direct from them as opposed buying from Honeys or FR Jones. I was told that is because they buy in bulk and can manipulate the prices?? I told them that that seems a bit cheeky, to support a company buying direct only to be charged a lot more than off dealer. I didn't get a very good response to be honest and I felt let down by them, I sold the trousers as they were crap in my opinion and won't be buying anything by them again.
  • Like 2

I've said it before, Arbortec stuff isn't great. There are tonnes of ambassadors for Arbortec and I think that gives a false reading ime. 

Every person I know who has had Arbortec stuff has said that it is terrible and falls apart after very little work and I see a lot of different people during the course of a working month. Gimics like protective socks and outer layers for the trousers are no good if the quality of the overall product is poor.

The only people who seem to be saying how amazing are very coy about if they actually paid for the gear or it was given in exchange for a load of promotion on Insta.

I could be bang out of line and will happily change my opinion if the newer stuff is different to the stuff I had a few years back but I certainly won't be spending my cash on it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hodge said:

Me too, the sizing is poor in my opinion and I recently questioned them as to why I had paid more buying direct from them as opposed buying from Honeys or FR Jones. I was told that is because they buy in bulk and can manipulate the prices?? I told them that that seems a bit cheeky, to support a company buying direct only to be charged a lot more than off dealer. I didn't get a very good response to be honest and I felt let down by them, I sold the trousers as they were crap in my opinion and won't be buying anything by them again.

To be fair they should never undercut their suppliers anyway! We recently dropped a few lines from our shop due to the supplier doing regular offers that no retailers could afford to do. 

To be fair they should never undercut their suppliers anyway! We recently dropped a few lines from our shop due to the supplier doing regular offers that no retailers could afford to do. 

I didn't expect it to be less than the supplier but I would of thought it would be the same not a lot more. I was more let down by the response I got.
  • Like 1

In theory the manufacture should never stray from the RRP.

It’s the dealers choice to sell below that