Speed Wrecking

dadio

They'll hit the windows truck etc if they are close enough. Brash end first saves dents in a lawn.

Lay them flat ? Rig ?? I'm not impressed by smashing out big bits of wood ... any one can do that it's not rocket science..: and the one vid I did see of a technical takedown was an absolute shambles ,most of the others are gun Ho ,suicidal,Xgames out of control special Olympics .. I'd take reg coats down to earth and in control any day of the week.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Lay them flat ? Rig ?? I'm not impressed by smashing out big bits of wood ... any one can do that it's not rocket science..: and the one vid I did see of a technical takedown was an absolute shambles ,most of the others are gun Ho ,suicidal,Xgames out of control special Olympics .. I'd take reg coats down to earth and in control any day of the week.

You don't happen to remember what the video was do you? I've watched a lot of his stuff and generally think he's good. I have a couple of times reckoned he's doing something arse about face but never excessively badly.

You don't happen to remember what the video was do you? I've watched a lot of his stuff and generally think he's good. I have a couple of times reckoned he's doing something arse about face but never excessively badly.

No sorry , I have not watched any for years but one popped up one day , some kind of conifer , over a house , fence etc no crane access , the sort of bread and butter of UK felling we get and just wow, every rigged limb getting hung up , no tag lines and for some reason two climbers when the whole job would of gone smoothly in my view if they had one climber on SRT and the other should of been more use on a tag line , that's my opinion though....
none of it would usually appeal to me and I can see why it would to a lot of people , he has an audience and his good at his job and can provide entertainment .
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, maybelateron said:

Do you include August Hunnicke in the 99%?

Depends. The guy is clearly brave/experienced etc and some stuff is very skilled-however some is pretty questionable (a lot of 1 handing etc). The only person worth watching for learning IMO is Reg. 

• Like 1