thinking of getting a woodburning stove advice please

hi,new to forum ,looks great site.ok i have just bought a bungalow and was thinking of getting a woodburning stove,but which one,god knows.my living room is about 6x4 metres and 8ft ceilings.it would moreso be used in the winter obviously,can anyone recommend a particular one if possible,would like a biggish window in it.we have a fireplace with chimney,although at the moment its blocked up with plasterboard and a electric fitre surround covering it up.are there any these days that dont create a load of dust in the room,thanx guys for any advice offered, or would people recommend a multi fuel burner??

Edited by les127
afterthough

Hi Les

Before installing a stove make sure you can source logs.

I am a log seller and we have stopped taking new customers as demand is so high and its going to get far higher next winter with energy prices as they are. Regulars are stocking up now for next winter and taking more than they have ever before 

As for stoves the best I have used are Woodwarm and dads Burley is not bad either 

• Like 1

Don't go too big. We have a 5kw log burner in a room a similar size and it is too hot for me. It is only a little fire too.

On the plus side it uses very few logs.

Try and get one that is suitable for an external air feed too, stops them from drawing cold air into the room.

Same as Woodworks not taking on anymore customers on and have noticed an increase in demand this spring with customers stocking up for next autumn/winter. Burley as mentioned very good stove probably 4-5 kW stove and stoves <5kW don’t need to have ventilation to outside. Go wood not multi as more efficient (Burley don’t do multi for that reason). 

• Like 1

am i better off with a multi fuel? im a joiner an dwork regularly with oak,so there are benefits for me ther,lol,also also is that manufactured stuff any good?
thanx woodworks

I don’t buy the log scarcity line at all. If there is a market someone will be selling. The fact that the guy above can’t take on more orders shows to me there is a gap in the market for someone to step in and soak up what he can’t handle. And they will, without a split second of a doubt. Not to mention Eastern European Imports.

Off-cuts are fine as long as they are solid wood, they just burn hot and fast. Great for a flue clean out, Great for cooking with, great for mixing in with dense hardwoods like oak.
  • Like 1