Valid Complaint re Reversing Defender near a cliff edge?

chopperpete

50 minutes ago, chopperpete said:

Not sure if I agree these complaints were valid?

Have have seen other misleading car ads, but would think the driver has some common sense?

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/07/land-rover-defender-advert-banned-after-just-two-complaints-16603681/

Well you can still be wealthy enough to afford one and stupid enough not to realise how parking sensors work and depend on them in all circumstances.

I love gadgets but all my vehicles are too old and too basic so I only sample things like parking sensors, cameras, lane indicators, speed limit sensors occasionally.

What gets me is the expense of all these additions and their liability as the vehicle gets older.

The basic Landrover 109 safari we bought new in 1972 was about £1500 which in real terms is just under £20,000 now so vehicles have evolved with much better build, trim, economy and gadgets but at doubling the cost.

Speaking of ads.

They’ve pulled that one with the gorgeous black girl who goes jogging in the middle of the night through London meeting ‘interesting’ offbeat characters because she doesn’t conform.

It might be for a bank or something.

I watched it and immediately thought that she’d be raped and killed by the end of the week.

12 minutes ago, chopperpete said:

Interesting, my Dad bought a VW Camper in 1973 for £1800, we sold it for £4000 in 2001, unrestored now probably worth  £20000 restored...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I should have bought all the Yamaha FS1Es I could get my hands on for a couple of hundred quid back in the late eighties.

• Like 2