I am running a free webinar talk about my business failure and what I have learnt from it and starting again growing a new business

HRG

Property and how to be a better buisnessman, self help stuff seems to a a trend with tree surgeons from Southampton, I’m always slightly dubious of self appointed experts whatever the trade or buisnness. 

Good of luck with it 

5 hours ago, John Shutler said:

Property and how to be a better buisnessman, self help stuff seems to a a trend with tree surgeons from Southampton, I’m always slightly dubious of self appointed experts whatever the trade or buisnness. 

Good of luck with it 

There’s more than one from Southampton? 

You know what they say about teachers…

Hi John,

I hope your well its good to hear from you.

I take it out talking about Tom? I didn't realise we are doing the same thing?

I am not saying I am expert I just have 14 years experience of running tree surgery businesses and 18 year in the industry.

As your local to me I am sure you know about my business failure but we have not actually spoken to one another before. Come on the webinar on Monday night then at least you can get to know me and your opinion may change.

Cheers Henri

Why not just use your own money to develope a website advertising your idea and services?

That way anyone interested can find their way to you much like our regular clients do.

That webinar page looks dodgy as fcuk to be honest. In my experiance the best Tree company owners enjoy the business side of things far more than the job itself. In fact I will go as far as saying that the more you enjoy the actual job the worse your business will be for it.

Except for me of course. 

* This message was sent from the interior of my rediculously expensive pickup*

• Like 3

Hi Mark,

To be honest I have not done a webinar before I just found a site that I can use called webinar jam and thats where the link comes from I didn't realise it looks dodgy.

The reason for the webinar is that in January I put a post on Arbtalk and have over 50 DM's and then called each person for a chat and that took a long time so I thought I would do a webinar to multiple people to try and leverage time.

I am in the process of having a website built but also find it easier to talk rather than write so thats why I am using videos and webinars so people can get to know me then decide whether I can help or not.

So far I have 30 booked on for Monday so will see how that goes then adjust for the next time to make the link/landing page look better.

Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it

Cheers Henri

• Like 1

I've considered, and I'm with Mick on this.

Few things, firstly the blurb reads a whole lot like other adverts I've seen which start with property, investments, write a book, set up a store on Amazon, make a coaching business etc. Secondly, the disingenuous bit is that the paid mastermind service is not mentioned in the initial advert for the webinar. Not sure you would be doing the webinar if there was no business behind it?

It's a bit of a modern thing to have a mission statement, I might say mine is to help people have beautiful trees in their gardens - but in reality it's to run a reliable local tree surgery business which does the best quality work I can. One statement implies I go round doing it for free, the other is clear it's a business.

Best of luck to you by the way, if you can make a business out of coaching and help people run better businesses then I have no problem with that.

• Like 2

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply I can see how that looks and its not my intention. I am trying to give free value and not just rubbish information actual things that can be used in Arb businesses. Then people can get to know me other than just through social media posts and at the end I give people information on how I can assist them through the mastermind and mentoring but there is no sales pitch or hard sell at all. It has to be right for that person/company as I genuinely want to help people and there's no point me hard selling and then having unsatisfied clients the industry is small and everybody knows each other I wouldn't have a business.

My tree surgery business has been built on its reputation and I plan to the same with the training and mentoring business. Also part of that business we have a vision statement, mission statement and values it's part of the company culture and its the same with the mentoring business. Having a good company culture helps on so many levels through the business and thats not just for client facing.

In future I will add the information about the mastermind in the text for the webinar I appreciate your feedback Dan all the best.

• Like 1