I am running a free webinar talk about my business failure and what I have learnt from it and starting again growing a new business

HRG

I am running a free webinar talk about my business failure and what I have learnt from it and starting again growing a new business.

https://event.webinarjam.com/register/1/071npc8

In 2008 I started my own tree surgery business and over the next 11 years grew it from - just me, to a team of 47. But in 2019 I lost everything - not just my business, but my family home as well. 

I had no-one else to blame for the business going under. It was all on me. I made some big mistakes and, looking back, some terrible decisions. My personal strength and mental health was tested to the limits but I learned more about myself and running a business in 2019 than I had in the previous 10 years.

Since then, I’ve started again, building a team of 20, we are making a profit every month and I am on a mission to help other people in our industry learn from my mistakes to save them the heartache of learning the hard way. 

I believe what happened can be used in a positive way to help others in this industry and ultimately, more thriving tree surgery businesses means better pay, kit and prospects for everyone.

I will be talking about the foundations I have not put into my business called the 4 pillars of a sustainable business.

Please use the link to sign up to the free webinar on the 9th of May at 19:30.

There be an opportunity to ask me questions on the webinar.

https://event.webinarjam.com/register/1/071npc8

• Like 2

Thanks. There’s another thread where someone is doing YouTube videos about their failed free surgery business, I was thinking that might be you as failed free surgery businesses is a niche market!

You say that more thriving businesses means better pay for everyone. How can this be? The ‘race to the bottom’ is well documented on here.

Doobin I have a podcast called FailForward that I launched a few weeks ago about my business failure and other content but its not just for tree surgeons.

Failure is only negative if you don’t learn from it Fail Forward is the weekly podcast hosted by entrepreneur and family...

As for better pay for everyone. The more tree surgery businesses start improving their business structure then the more businesses the will start pricing more and collectively raising the price bar in the industry then that means more money to pay better salaries. From my 14 years business experience now that I have spent a lot of time and money of learning and understanding business the more I can improve my business and that helps everyone involved. 

11 hours ago, doobin said:

Are you that dude from the other post who took peoples money for a magazine subscription and then never delivered? 

I have met Henry on my LOLER course, he is a genuine nice guy. 

• Like 1

I dunno Henry, you do seem to be obsessing with this business failure thing.

Why not just say what happened, how you sorted it out and started again on here?

No need for all this webinar, podcast, inspirational chit chat, it’s like you’ve made (“I had a business with 47 employees and lost it all including my family home”) it a commodity/asset that you’ll only reveal if people sign up to something.

It’s the “no more roping for Nate” of 2022

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 5