What a waste

Woodworks

5 hours ago, muttley9050 said:

Remove roof. Ratchet strap under last good board and around top board/plate. Prop up strapped wall with 4x2 temporarily. Dig out in sections underneath and build a wall to support it all. Point up areas where straps are after Everything else has gone off.

Depending on design this may be very possible without removing roof.

Our church tower was rebuilt by the Victorians without taking the spire down, they propped everything on oak beams. Seems like you must be able to prop this with enough 4x2 like you say, maybe a box or two of 100mm screws.

• Like 1

Our church tower was rebuilt by the Victorians without taking the spire down, they propped everything on oak beams. Seems like you must be able to prop this with enough 4x2 like you say, maybe a box or two of 100mm screws.
I wouldn't even use any screws. Just ratchet strap it together. Make sure small bridges to span the trench and prop it with these in 6ft sections. Build a 6ft wall in that section, then prop and dig the next 6ft section

Guest Gimlet

That was always going to rot, gutters or no, sticking a timber structure directly onto a concrete slab. Should have been on a plinth of some sort with a damp course. Base timbers would have been permanently damp. They were never going to survive that.

Looks like a cheapskate installation. 

Edited by Gimlet

4 hours ago, muttley9050 said:
5 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

Read more  

I wouldn't even use any screws. Just ratchet strap it together. Make sure small bridges to span the trench and prop it with these in 6ft sections. Build a 6ft wall in that section, then prop and dig the next 6ft section

Yeah fair enough, done in sections not too much weight on each part.

I have a shed very similar. I built mine of the ground by postcreting in a load of 4x4 posts linked with timber to act as bearers and then built the shed from that. As above I put down a sarking floor first then a membrane then battens with insulation in between then fitted their supplied floor.

Outside I didn’t add a gutter but I dug a trench round it put in a perforated drainage pipe and backfilled with pea gravel. Been up best part of 10 years now the only problem I can see is the t&g roofing boards are a bit wavy.

B3381603-0E75-4995-B820-FC5DE27A9927.jpeg

3466B90F-FC34-4B38-85B1-AA472513F8BE.jpeg

• Like 3