Buying a splitter from marketplace without seeing it?

shillo

13 minutes ago, shillo said:

Very Nice, I'm looking to buy one of those or a posch equivalent later this year, I saw that ad a week or so ago👍

There's another one on market place for 5grand if you haven't seen it.

But there's no way I'd send 7k without going to see it. Sort out a time, arrange a mutually agreed payment method before (there's these great little pieces of folding paper for just this sort of thing😅👍), take a trailer and away you go👍👍

By actually being there and ready to take it away you might manage to knock 500 quid off, that's the collection paid for, lovely jubbly.

Good luck with it.

• Like 1

I'd be wary, not a log in sight, very careful with the photos to show no identifiable vehicles or property in the background.

Ask for the serial number and to see receipt of purchase. If they are unavailable then walk away, if the seller is willing to provide them its happy days. Even at that I'd still be going to look at it in person. 

• Like 4

the second someone won't send a pic or video of what you want then that's a no

i always ask for a picture of the data plate of anything, if they can't provide that, then run away (once you've told them what a complete twat they are)

Edited by Stihl123
  • Like 3

The machine was purchased from Marshall Agricultural Engineering, East Sussex (marshalllogging.co.uk), if they sold it to Mellors, Walsall, Birmingham they should have a record of that. You might want to check that you can still get parts for that machine. Probably a genuine sale. 

• Like 2

I dont even think all the photos are taken at the same place ? or same time ? personally i would not be sending any money with out seeing it and fetching it away with me, as said before there is nothing in the back ground in the photos , this all ways makes me very wary of adds like this,, many years ago i went to some deserted farm buildings and i am near on 100% sure every thing stored there was dodgy,,,,, Look else where for one,

6 hours ago, Vedhoggar said:

The machine was purchased from Marshall Agricultural Engineering, East Sussex (marshalllogging.co.uk), if they sold it to Mellors, Walsall, Birmingham they should have a record of that. You might want to check that you can still get parts for that machine. Probably a genuine sale. 

Yes I am still waiting for Marshalls to get back to me.