Fell for free

Yes I agree with you,👍 but there are still a lot of unknowns, so it difficult to come to a real conclusion of how the task would best be tackled.

there is this thread, worth a quick read

And I’m just saying, because they are ash die back trees  it could be a simple box ticking exercise, this is from gov.uk is a change from 8nov21

limited number of felling licence applications directly related to the management of tree pests and diseases may be exempt from being included on the Public Consultation Register before the trees are felled, where the Forestry Commission deem that tree felling needs to be expedited for an overriding biosecurity or public safety benefit.

The change will come into effect from 8 November 2021 and will be applied by the Forestry Commission to very specific situations, for example to prevent the spread of quarantine pests or diseases, such as Ips typographus (spruce bark beetle), or to facilitate the prompt removal of ash trees infected with ash dieback and growing within falling distance of roads. It does not impact on other conditions related to the issuing of felling licences, such as the need to restock. The outcome of all felling licence applications will continue to be published on the Forestry Commission Decision Public Register, for public record.

My reply was about this scenario in general.." fell for the value of the wood " ..maybe the site the OP referred to may be FL exempt but many / most sites will not be , birds nest on the ground and in the understory so can easily be killed / disturbed by felling activity ....to me as an old timer this is a pretty sad side of modern rules and regs but just things that need to be considered to avoid problems but make such situations not economically viable and as a result much work will not be done unless essential ... owning trees can be more of a liability rather than an asset , which does not seem right to me !!!

• Like 2