Jcb teleporter hydraulic oil issue

swinny

I have a jcb teleporter 527-58 and have had an issue for a while..... but need to get it sorted now. 

It's started putting air into the system somewhere and is frothing  / airiating  my oil. 

Even only short term using it it starts to put air in the oil. 

I have checked the breather that's fine. Pulled drain bung st bottom of tank to check for water contamination etc, that's fine. 

I do have a few leaks here and there but nothing major, the steering rams are wet etc. When I bought it, it was fine and no issues just the few leaks. I noticed the hyd oil was low so had to put 10ltr in. Not over filled, well within the site glass to allow for expansion when warming. 

I'm starting to think it's due to the steering system. Steering feels a bit crap left to right and that's when the air comes in. Ad said the rams are a bit moist 😉

I'm starting to think it's a steering orbital valve, but if it was, wouldn't the steering just be crap and it passing internally on the seals? And not leak in air? 

I've not really done much in faulty hydraulics! 

Any help or ideas please? Hope it's not a case of keep replacing things till its fixed

Edited by swinny

10 hours ago, aspenarb said:

Could be a plugged suction strainer causing cavitation, worth changing just to eliminate.

Bob

That would be in the tank then? Drop and change oil and clean the suction filter? Presumabily a mesh one?

Cheers. It's been belting up until this!

1 hour ago, Brushcutter said:

How is the steering? Does it crab all the time even if you are in 4 wheel steering.not much but constantly creep?

Yes its been creeping a bit tbh... having to put back central then put into 2ws to re aline the fronts then flick back to 4ws and away again.

the crab side of things doesnt work and not to othered as only want 4ws