Choosing a chainsaw

Oyure

Hey,

A while ago I redacted a buying guide about chainsaws for french consumers and I've now translated it to english using an automated translator.
I'm not sure I'm completely satisfied with the result though as I'm not really familiar with the english terminology of chainsaws and I need to find products and brands that are more adapted to the UK market.

If someone would be willing to take a bit of time to help me with this, I would really appreciate it :)
Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Oyure

3 hours ago, Oyure said:

Hey,

A while ago I redacted a buying guide about chainsaws for french consumers and I've now translated it to english using an automated translator.
I'm not sure I'm completely satisfied with the result though as I'm not really familiar with the english terminology of chainsaws and I need to find products and brands that are more adapted to the UK market.

If someone would be willing to take a bit of time to help me with this, I would really appreciate it :)

Oyure

Not quite sure what you want here . Is it the name , in English , of the component parts of the saw ? ie " the power head " , the " bar " the " chain" the " tensioner " the  " sprockets " etc or am I not understanding ? ? 

Thanks a lot for all your answers,

@Stubby the thing is I'm a native french speaker, I'm bilingual in english but I never studied the terminology of this field in english. All the research we made on chainsaws was in french and then we used an automated translator to get this article in english so I'm worried this translator didn't perfectly translate all technical terms.

@Dan Maynard here is the link https://buyingbetter.co.uk/best-chainsaw

On 19/04/2022 at 15:00, Oyure said:

Hey,

Oyure

You really need to engage the services of a technical translator if you're serious about it. Automated translation programmes are still really bad (albeit much better than they used to be).

If you don't want to pay for someone to do that then the advice already given to borrow the relevant phraseology from chainsaw manufacturers' English websites is a good way to go.

Bon courage ...