Makita/Dolmar Cordless Brushcutter/Trimmer

Commando

Fastfix have an offer on the Dolmar equivalent of Makita DUR368AZ cordless brushcutter at £148 inc.

Sounds like good value and gets good reviews, anyone got one? Think I’ll make a punt..

WWW.FASTFIX.CO.UK

The Dolmar AT3725AZ brushcutter features an efficient 36v brushless motor powered by twin 18v LXT batteries and designed for those looking for a quiet yet high powered alternative to a petrol unit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Commando said:

Fastfix have an offer on the Dolmar equivalent of Makita DUR368AZ cordless brushcutter at £148 inc.

Sounds like good value and gets good reviews, anyone got one? Think I’ll make a punt..

The Dolmar AT3725AZ brushcutter features an efficient 36v brushless motor powered by twin 18v LXT batteries and...

+ you will need batteries and charger if you don't already have them . 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stubby said:

+ you will need batteries and charger if you don't already have them . 

Still good value Stubby, I’ve ordered one and a couple of Waitley 5ah batteries.. will see how we get on👍

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Commando said:

The Dolmar AT3725AZ brushcutter features an efficient 36v brushless motor powered by twin 18v LXT batteries and...

It’s a good tool I’ve seen one last week nice balance 

• Like 2

I like my Makita DUR369AZ so far apart fron the batteries only lasting less than 20mins even on slow speed.

The Makita DUR368AZ is  a different smaller motor  not sure about the design choice of having the motor right by the head though?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’ve finally had time to put the Dolmar cordless brushcutter to some use. I have to say I’m impressed! I’m getting about 40 mins cutting time off 2 x 6ah Waitley batteries, so similar to my Husky 343r on a tank of fuel. That’s on the medium speed/power setting. Clearly it’s nowhere near as powerful and not a full-on brushcutter, but it’s fantastic on long grass, nettles etc. 

One bonus is you can easily control the line spin speed and can trim around trees without causing any damage.

Im running an Oregan Jet Head on it with desert extrusions 2.4mm cord which it copes with well, I binned the bump head within the first day.

Its light enough to use without harness so great on banks and cutting brambles vertically.

All in all a good purchase and I’d recommend to anyone who’s already bought into the Makita system…very happy indeed!

• Like 2

As an occasional reader of arbtalk discussions I took your advice a couple of months ago and bought a Dolmar strimmer before stock ran out. 

5ah batteries and a charger were on offer at Screwfix, together with a non brushless drill.    The strimmer is a nice gadget which has been very useful, thank you!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...